3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Way TMI question but it's making me nervous. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/261898-way-tmi-question-but-its-making-me-nervous.html)

imnotperfect24 06-28-2012 10:21 PM

Way TMI question but it's making me nervous.

Ok so I've just noticed that the skin around my nipples are becoming darker..

I've heard this is a symptom of early detection of pregnancy but there is absolutely no way I can be pregnant.

Has anyone else experienced this what could it be from?

And I figured this is a health forum so I could post here.. lol I didnt have anyone else to ask.

Brandis 06-28-2012 10:30 PM

This happened to me as I got older. If you have sudden changes in your breasts you should get an exam to be safe but it could just be a normal hormonal change.

ghost 06-28-2012 10:46 PM

Are you taking any form of BC or other hormone replacement? Tmi but my nipples get redder, like they are blushing, a few days before my period starts, it's practically like my own personal "go buy tampons" warning light, lol!

imnotperfect24 06-29-2012 02:08 PM

No hormone replacements at all.. And this is the first time i've noticed it. So it's not a 'warning sign for TOM or anything.

AriesNV 06-29-2012 02:31 PM

Mine get fire-y red too when my TOM is approaching...but that's probably because they get very sensitive and sore-feeling....so the red reflects how they feel! lol

astrophe 06-29-2012 03:05 PM

Acanthosis nigricans is another possibility besides hormones.

Get it looked at. Then you can feel relieved. :)

A.

Arctic Mama 06-29-2012 03:19 PM

I was going to suggest either hormones or acanthosis nigricans, as well. Skin pigmentation issues can be a sign of insulin resistance and that is actually quite common, if you don't believe hormones are the culprit.

Lori Bell 06-30-2012 11:36 AM

Mine got darker as i lost weight, because, I think, they were no longer stretched to the max....lol Kind of like a red balloon, when blown up tight it's pretty much a pink, but as the air deflates it goes back to it's deep red original color. Totally unscientific but my experience for what it's worth!

novangel 06-30-2012 06:29 PM

Hormone changes as you age or going to the tanning bed naked. That's the only two immediate things I can think of.

AriesNV 07-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori Bell (Post 4389152)
Mine got darker as i lost weight, because, I think, they were no longer stretched to the max....lol Kind of like a red balloon, when blown up tight it's pretty much a pink, but as the air deflates it goes back to it's deep red original color. Totally unscientific but my experience for what it's worth!

Sometimes those simple logical analogies are spot-on for life's mysteries! haha:D