General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default first road trip in my adult life! so excited!

It's going to be in the end of July and I can't wait! It will be my mom and I driving from Southern California to Southern Louisiana. I'm awaiting the final ok from my boss as this little trip was unexpected and she said more than likely i'll be able to get the time off. I am just so excited, I haven't been on a road trip since one time when I was in elementary school and I'm 23 now. We'll be driving through Arizona and Texas to get to get to Louisiana, taking about 3-4 days to drive. I'm so stoked, i've never been to either Arizona or Texas so I'm so excited for the trip and that I'll actually be driving parts of it
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Oh your trip sounds like so much fun! I have never been on a road trip but I would love to some day.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #3  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Road trips are so much fun! I drove through Texas once on my way to Arkansas...I don't remember it being that fun -- kinda flat, desolate and boring, but you really start paying attention to your company and it's a blast nonetheless.

Have fun!
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #4  
Results>Reasons

PS...Arizona is SOOO FREAKIN' HOT! Hope you have good AC -- even at 2am, it's like you just walked into an oven.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #5  

yea I had a feeling it would be pretty flat and hot in both states lol but just the idea of a road trip sounds fun lol but maybe not so exciting oince where actually driving. We'll be going the last week of July so I can only imagine how hot it's going to be. Thankfully were taking my mom's car which is a Ford Edge which has a really good AC
Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I love long distance road trips! If you are going I-10 through Texas it will be a LONG (HOT) boring drive from El Paso to San Antonio. San Antonio to the TX/LA border isn't bad. Lots more to see. Be sure to stop at a Buckee's!!! They are pure awesomeness!
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #7  
Results>Reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCowgirl View Post
yea I had a feeling it would be pretty flat and hot in both states lol but just the idea of a road trip sounds fun lol but maybe not so exciting oince where actually driving. We'll be going the last week of July so I can only imagine how hot it's going to be. Thankfully were taking my mom's car which is a Ford Edge which has a really good AC
You'll be amazed at how the time flies and how little you're thinking "Omg, if i'm in this car for one more minute....I'll die!"

My bf and I took a 1000 mile roadtrip to go Salmon fishing and we had a blast. We'd stop at hole-in-the-wall towns and go into ghost-town-like saloons/bars and have a beer. It was just so fun...and I never remember thinking "ugh, all this driving sucks"

So excited for you!!! Update us on after you get back
Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesNV View Post
You'll be amazed at how the time flies and how little you're thinking "Omg, if i'm in this car for one more minute....I'll die!"

My bf and I took a 1000 mile roadtrip to go Salmon fishing and we had a blast. We'd stop at hole-in-the-wall towns and go into ghost-town-like saloons/bars and have a beer. It was just so fun...and I never remember thinking "ugh, all this driving sucks"

So excited for you!!! Update us on after you get back
see now that is awesome! One thing that i've always wanted to do is visit small southern towns like that. I hope we would have time to do stuff like that along the way, though I'm afraid most of the time will just be driving. lol I hate to say it but I'm more excited about the drive to LA then visiting my sister and her kids, which is really bad but I'm just so excited to go somewhere I've never been
Old 06-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen View Post
I love long distance road trips! If you are going I-10 through Texas it will be a LONG (HOT) boring drive from El Paso to San Antonio. San Antonio to the TX/LA border isn't bad. Lots more to see. Be sure to stop at a Buckee's!!! They are pure awesomeness!
I'm not sure the route we're going but if we take the I-10 I'll deffiently see if we can make a stop at Buckee's if we find it. I'm so excited to go out into Texas and be out in the country, away of the boring California suburbs. lol I've always dreamed of living out in the country in Texas on a farm even though I've never been there, which makes me kind of excitied to see what the country is really like
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCowgirl View Post
Oh, it's not flat here!! This is the view from my patio -

IT IS HOT, though!!! My thermometer said 111, in the shade, this morning. I'm not about to brave the outdoors to check what it says now.

What part of AZ are you driving through?

Have fun!! I LOVE roadtrips!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #11  

That's cool, I enjoy road trips too. I'm sure you and your mom are gonna have a nice time. It's so cool spending that kind of time together, away from work and the daily grind. Are you going to see family?
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #12  

wow valrock! I can't believe that's from you're patio, that's a pretty awesome view! I wouldn't mind seeing that everyday lol it'd beat seeing houses And it sounds like we'll be taking the I-10 the whole way. So far it sounds like we won't be stopping anywhere except for dinner and hotel but that's ok. I'd like to do a little site seeing but my mom's a bit worried as it is with having just the two of us doing the road trip, though I personally think we'll be fine and have nothing to worry about
Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Jones View Post
That's cool, I enjoy road trips too. I'm sure you and your mom are gonna have a nice time. It's so cool spending that kind of time together, away from work and the daily grind. Are you going to see family?
It will be definitely nice to spend time together and have a break from work, especially since I will be going back to school pretty much right after we get back. And yes, were going to visit my sister and her family over in Louisiana. She moved out there with her fiance after he left the military and wanted to move back home. They have two kids now and I only get to see them once or twice a year. And my niece just had her 2nd birthday which I had to miss because of work. I'm really hoping my boss will give me the time off for this so I get to see both my niece and my 6 month old nephew, so I can make up for not being able to be there for her birthday.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Agree with Texas being flat & boring. Also, be vigilant and careful driving through small towns in Texas... They are notorious for speed traps.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 174/T/140

Height: 5'3"

That's great - hope you and your mom have a wonderful time. My daughters and I are planning a road trip to DC and NY in August as well with stops in DE and MD. We're quite excited. It will be hopefully some nice mom/DD bonding time (for us and you too)

The desert in AZ looks beautiful, I hope to go out there someday too.
BuddysBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote