General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Lol @ men!

So while spending the weekend with my boyfriend, I learned that not only can he pick me up, he can actually carry me. And we were talking about my weight loss thing and I told him that I weighed 200lbs, and he didn't believe me, lmao. I laugh because guys have SUCH a misconception of what girls look like vs. what they actually weigh. I don't know how many times guys have literally been shocked when I told them my weight because they didn't think I actually weighed that much. Every one is like "THERE'S NO WAY!" I had one guy that swore up and down that I weighed 160, and all I could do was laugh because gah, I WISH I weighed that much!

I just think it's funny to think about. Have y'all had moments like this?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I had a guy approach me at the gym the other day to tell me how much weight I'd lost. Before we discuss why this is weird, I went on to tell him how I'd like to lose another 16 pounds of body fat. He immediately disagreed with me until I told him what I weigh. Yes- I told a complete stranger who is also a man what I weigh. So he's weird, and I'm crazy, and apparently I don't look like 176. Because he had to look at me like 7 times and say "no way." And I had the same conversation with a lady at my gym, and she said I'd evaporate if I lost another 16 lbs, until I told her what I weigh. Same thing. I guess people have some kind of image in their mind about what we are "supposed" to look like at a certain weight.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Yes, this is true at my higher weights too! my mom and brother thought I was lying when I told them I was 255 a while back ( and that at one point I was 299). They really thought I was messing with them LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
So while spending the weekend with my boyfriend, I learned that not only can he pick me up, he can actually carry me. And we were talking about my weight loss thing and I told him that I weighed 200lbs, and he didn't believe me, lmao. I laugh because guys have SUCH a misconception of what girls look like vs. what they actually weigh. I don't know how many times guys have literally been shocked when I told them my weight because they didn't think I actually weighed that much. Every one is like "THERE'S NO WAY!" I had one guy that swore up and down that I weighed 160, and all I could do was laugh because gah, I WISH I weighed that much!

I just think it's funny to think about. Have y'all had moments like this?

Last edited by kisskiss; 06-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I had a guy friend who was talking about a girl I knew and said "god, she must weigh like 150!" She probably weighed close to 300, I kid you not! The scary thing is he was a personal trainer.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Many times. Many, many times.

I do not correct them either.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #6  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

my fiancee is still convinced that i can fit into his 32 inch waist pants. my thigh is like 32 inches. he must be blind.....
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #7  

Maybe the weight misconception has something to do with so many girls lying about their actual weight?

I, on the other hand, had an ex write me an email when I was abroad, saying "I did the washing. There are some shirts in there that are so small they can't possibly be yours. Who's are they?"
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #8  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

When I told my boyfriend that I was going on a diet, he was legitimately confused...He told me that it was stupid for someone as "tiny" (insert uncontrollable laughter here) as me to need to diet. When I pointed out that he was 6'' taller than me and had weighed slightly less than me BEFORE leaving to join the Navy and losing a ton of weight at bootcamp, he didn't believe me. His guess was less than 150 (Gah, I WISH). Looking at pictures on mybodygallery.com, I think I might look SLIGHTLY lighter than I actually am (I'm pretty muscular under the layer of pudge), but certainly not more than 30 lbs less than my actual weight...Silly boy is silly.

When we were working at Target together, I needed to pick up some shirts after our shift ended. While I was raging over how I couldn't find the shirt I wanted in an appropriate size, he was trying to be helpful and handing me smalls and mediums and not understanding why I was having so much trouble. In his defense, I AM quite a bit smaller than his exes, but I don't understand how someone with perfect eyesight can fail to notice that, of all the women in the world, I'm not even remotely at the "small" end of the spectrum...

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-26-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Yep. Sure have had this problem. My boyfriend tripped all over himself when I told him I weighed 207 at the start of my diet. So did our friends. The only person who believed me was the girl who is heavier than me.

Also had the opposite problem once. Went to Wicked Faire (Adult-ish alternative-ish convention) with a bunch of my friends. I'm pretty much the only girl with "scandalous" clothing, so I was offering pieces to the girls. I offered up a black skirt to a girl who weighs about 135 and a plaid skirt to a girl who weights 125. My friend put the black skirt down on the bed and her husband picked it up and said "THIS use to fit YOU?!". I stared at him with my mouth open for a few seconds (His wife was MORTIFIED) and then I said "Thanks for that. And yes, I keep trying to tell you guys I was a lot thinner when I met all of you."

And I'm pretty sure 150 is the default weight to call someone who isn't 110. My boyfriend thought I was 150. My mother thought I was 150. My grandma thought I was 150. The aforementioned male friend thought I was 150. As did another male friend. What the heck did they all think I weighed when I was 150?!
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I'd like to weigh 150. Just sayin.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
I'd like to weigh 150. Just sayin.
QFT lol
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/196/160

Height: 5'8''

So would I, Brandis! That's the weight I put on my driver's license years ago when I had no idea what I weighed, but was still sure 150 was a huge lie. Most people who know me well and are not trying to just flatter me guess around 180. I think it's because of my height and because women lie about their weight!
uselessknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

My OH can pick me up easily, but whenever he does I squeek in horror because I think he's going to hurt his back (brain still in heavier mode). Then he laughs at me and tells me that he bench-presses more than "a tiny (UK size) size 8 like you could possibly weigh". Size 8 - haha if only.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

First husband would buy me clothes in the beginning of our marriage until he got tired of me having to take things back. For some reason the man thought I wore a SMALL! LMAO I have never worn a small, med yes but mostly Large and X-large.

It's nice they think we are smaller than we truly are!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #15  
redemption.

S/C/G: 260/239/230

i remember when i dropped to 170 from 240.
my boyfriend was able to give me piggy back rides.
i was more active than i am now so we don't really
go out that much but man i miss him being able to
carry me. i'll get there again!
sinfuldays is offline   Reply With Quote