3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What is your shape? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/260023-what-your-shape.html)

krampus 05-30-2012 01:23 PM

It's all made up to make people feel insecure about "problem areas" anyway. Just another moneymaker for the fashion industry. Every magazine has "dressing for your shape" articles that are all about hiding big boobs or making tiny ones look bigger.

I kinda giggled at the link you posted, K9, which told me to avoid all strenuous lower body exercises since they would perpetuate my spoon shape.

Sum38 05-30-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4352404)
OMG!!
It is so funny you posted this!
I looked at this site last night without knowing you had posted this thread!
:rofl:
We are connected from birth, I tell you!
& you're really 36!! ;)

So, I was online last night and thought-"Surely there is a calculator to tell me which shape I am, since me and a nursing degree can't figure it out!" :lol:

{{It's the blonde}}

Anyway, according to this calculator, I'm a "Spooner" :lol:

Go to this site to learn more about which exercises accentuate your assets for each type.....Identify Your Body Type

:love: you just don't want to be 44

K9Owner 05-30-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4352430)

I kinda giggled at the link you posted, K9, which told me to avoid all strenuous lower body exercises since they would perpetuate my spoon shape.

I found this comical too, esp. since my lower body weigh lifting includes (used to include before I became unmotivated and unconditioned) lunges, squats, and various leg strengthening exercises!

K9Owner 05-30-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

It's all made up to make people feel insecure about "problem areas" anyway.

:rofl:
Yeah, the problem areas they target for us---butt, hips, thighs, I find most people consider an asset for me!

Thedollylala 05-30-2012 03:27 PM

It said I was a spion but I didn't know my bust so I think I put that in there I have big boobies

ValRock 05-30-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

It's all made up to make people feel insecure about "problem areas" anyway. Just another moneymaker for the fashion industry. Every magazine has "dressing for your shape" articles that are all about hiding big boobs or making tiny ones look bigger.

Agreed!

I laughed out loud on reading "Best Exercises for Escaping Your Hourglass Shape."

Wait, what?? Now you must escape whatever shape you are!! It's all wrong!!!

I would like to know exactly how to do deadlifts with 'little or no weight', also ;). And, only do squats if you're not overweight!!! We all know that doing squats when you're overweight will only make you bulky :D.

krampus 05-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Exercises to Avoid if You Want to Escape Your Spoon Shape

Squats
Lunges
Leg presses
Leg extensions and leg curls
Ankle weights
All ellipitical machines
All stair climbers/steppers
All step classes
Versa climbers
Long-distance running at high speeds
Sprinting
Roller blading
Sliding
Skating
Swimming
Kick-boxing
Spinning
All high-impact aerobic and exercise classes
All lower-body exercises with moderate to high resistance or weights
Walking or jogging on any sort of incline
Rowing with lower-body resistance
Jumping rope with a weighted rope
Inner-outer leg machines
Cross-country ski machine with lower-body resistance
I should just nail my feet to the floor ;)

ValRock 05-30-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4352766)
I should just nail my feet to the floor ;)

It must be done!!! ESCAPE your shape!!! :dizzy:

RandomPaige 06-03-2012 03:37 AM

Huh I'm a "Straight" and a "ruler", and for years I was always told I was an apple. According to the other site, I'm a brick.... house. fitting.

I think 90% of the weight I've lost so far as been in my torso and back. The other 10% was in my fingers and face :)

Its funny though, most of the clothes they suggest contradict what I've been told my overweight/obese life.

Quote:

Exercises to Avoid if You Want to Escape Your Ruler Shape*

None
Crap, well I spose there's no excuse for that. I do love the fact that they mention lower back pain for rulers, as I do get that from time to time.