Dealing with sensitive skin/reactions to products

• Over the last 3 days I've noticed a rash come up over my arms, legs and neck and lower face. It looks rather like goosebumps just lots of little bumps-And it's not very obvious from a distance. It doesn't itch or anything.

I'm not really sure what's caused it. I have swapped laundry detergent and carpet shampoo 3 days ago, and also tried out a new shower gel/moisturizer. I have stopped using all these products now but I'm unsure what/if any of them caused it! The shower gel and moisturizer were Aveeno which are supposed to be good for sensitive skin!

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I've had allergies before to facial products and it's caused my skin to rough up, go red and swell. This is quite different! I've been to my GP already and he just said to take anti histamines and keep an eye on it as it really doesn't look very bad atm.

Although to me it seems a lot worse... And since I'm not sure what's caused it I thought I'd see if anyone else have had this happen? Sensitive skin can be such a pain sometimes! If anyone has any tips on clearing it up/preventing reactions that would be great too!
  • I get reactions to Gain Laundry detergent, as well as Dove sensitive skin products (oddly regular dove products do not cause a reaction).
  • Yup I also find regular Dove is more gentle!
  • I've had a really bad reaction to some fabric softeners so I just don't use them anymore and use a non-bio and that seems to be fine. I've been trying to use more natural moisturisers and soaps from the health food shops. Not all of them are completely natural but hey they try (and yes I know you can still be allergic to natural things). Burt's Bees are really really good and they even post the percentage of natural ingredients in each product. It's usually 97% + em.. the only moisturiser that hasn't made my skin crappy is Lavera moisturising fluid. I use a pure olive oil soap and that's really gentle.

I've also found that things that are supposed to be for sensitive skin are crap. Especially that brand Simple that pretend to be all natural and great.. pure crap.

I also use a sulfate free shampoo and that makes a big difference.

Ohhh and for clearing it up I always use pure aloe vera! That got rid of my painful allergic rash really fast. You can buy a bottle of pure aloe vera gel in most pharmacies. It's really cooling. Good luck!
  • My husband and daughter have sensitivities...I fragrance free when washing clothes. I have to be careful only with my face since I have rosacea but Aveeno products work well for me.