General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #16  

OMG. All those stories are seriously F'ed up.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

My ex-boyfriend ( we dated way back at beginning of high school) became the only "person of interest " in the disappearance of his wife and then killed their two little boys and himself. Wife is still missing.

I am still in shock and disbelief. We dated for a year and I basically knew very little about his home life. I don't get how he got to that breaking point.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

And before anyone says, he was an ex "for a reason".......we split because I didn't believe that long distance relationships work.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #19  

Height: 5'5

I worked with this woman who had a crazy roommate. She was probably in her late 20's at the time. And I guess that only because of how man children she had. I was about 20 so I wasn't a good judge of age

anyhoo

She had been married with 3 children but had a drinking problem. She checked herself into rehab and when she got out her husband had moved another woman into her house and got custody of the 3 kids because of her drinking. Then she got married again. She was pregnant with her second child and her husband when nuts and stabbed her like 27 times or something. She and the baby both survived and he was put in jail.

This was when she moved in with the person I worked with and I met her. Over the next couple of years she had an affair with a married man. Got pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption. Then got engaged to a guy who had just gotten out of jail for murder.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I just wanted to make a quick comment about taking care when sharing such very personal information. I would hate to see the sharing of these very personal stories come back to hurt any of you or the people you know.

You may feel you are anonymous here at 3fc, but there are many situations where people are identified here by people they know in real life. If people know who you are, sharing these very personal stories may be embarrassing at the minimum, and may anger people, or get other people in trouble. Additionally, the more personal information you reveal the more people can figure out who you are.

And google is not your friend in these situations. It finds even deleted messages and has a long memory.

Something to think about.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #21  

Heather, great point. Everyone, please be careful.

My intention for this thread was to share stories relatively outside of our own personal junk. I was rather shocked to hear ppl sharing more personal info.

The internet can feel theraputic. You feel anonymous so it's easier to open up. That's why we hire therapists, right? You can tell them things that we wouldn't tell our friends. We have to remember the internet is not bound by rules therapists are.

All that has been shared simply goes to show that we are all battling absurd situations that our rational minds think we wouldn't be involved in. Truth is, life is bizzarre. I try so hard to avoid drama. Needless to say, drama seems to find me.

It's all how you deal with it, in the end.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote