General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default HORRIBLY Nauseous from stress?

I've been really stressed out lately and that results in my getting physically ill. It sucks. I do eat, but I can never seem to keep it down /: What should I do?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Sorry to hear that, Kassie...is there anything you can do about what's causing you stress? Maybe you could try yoga and do some breathing exercises, I try to do some deep breathing when I'm getting stressed.. Hope you feel better!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #3  

I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time. Try getting more sleep, drinking lots of water and relax. A bubble bath and some good music can do wonders. Your health is the most important thing, so you have to deal with what's causing you all this stress before it gets worse.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #4  

Any activity for relaxation that you like! And combine several. Is there any way that you can get to the root of your stress and fix it? Hypnosis works very well. THere are apps to download on your I-Phone if you are interested.

If nothing else works, get the doc to give you some Xanax or something for anxiety. Sometimes just taking one once or twice can help to break the stress cycle. Good luck!
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

You should see someone so you can get rid of this stress and feel better x.x
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #6  
Weightloss Rock Star

Height: 5'5"

I spent years like that (graduate school and a bad marriage). It's hard but look for real fundamental lifestyle changes you can make to address the SOURCE of the stress, not just the symptoms. Short term, symptom management looks like medication (OTC), relaxation (reading, breathing, baths, more sleep, sex, healthy food), perspective, and possibly outside help (therapy, life coach).

I'm sorry. I know it sucks.
Anssett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #7  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

I ended up being diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder- same symptoms as you. I got therapy and medication and am no longer sick, as long as I keep on that track.

Also finding a hobby helps..I opened an EBay store and I work knit when I am anxious :-).
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

I also get really sick when I"m stressed and I can't keep many things down. The trap I fall into is I feel as if I can only eat bland carbs, and then I"m hungry all the time, so I overeat. I"ve found scrambled eggs work well, and soft cooked meats (like ropa viejo, etc.) can work, and then maybe some fruits...
If the stress will be ongoing, I really advise finding foods you can keep down and calorie counting... succeeding at that one things will help you feel less outta-control all over.
If you can't even keep water down, please see a doctor!

Hang in there!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #9  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

First of all I totally get you. Whenever I get very stressed I get stomach cramps and feel sick. First, I make myself sit down and tell myself that things aren't as bad as I think, and that I am just getting a little too worked up. Then I close my eyes, breathe deep and take a couple of gulps of cool water. If I am still stressed I listen to a CD I have of relaxing rainforest sounds and just sit and focus on breathing. Sometimes I'll do a couple of light stretches. If that STILL doesn't work, I beat out all my emotions at the gym until i'm fully exhausted, then go home, take a hot shower and a nap. Things always look better after a little sleep to relax the mind. I hope this helps!
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote