3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Do you like GOOD music?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/259181-do-you-like-good-music.html)

JoseLo 05-16-2012 05:07 PM

Do you like GOOD music??

Hello!
So what music does everyone like?
Me I love anything I can dance to mostly! I am Hispanic Caribbean and I love music that has influence in my part of the world, like Latin, Reggaeton, Kuduro, Kizomba, Soca etc.
I also love much of the pop and dance music out; my two favourites when I go out clubbing are 212 by Azaelia Banks and Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Love it!!! :D
xxx

alaskanlaughter 05-16-2012 05:13 PM

i live up in Alaska...i love music from the 1940s and 1950s because that's what I grew up listening to, music that my dad played...i am also very privately spiritual and enjoy Christian music although I don't define my beliefs according to just the Bible...i have the country music radio station playing in my car all the time...i also enjoy older heavy metal like Metallica and AC/DC, the music I listened to in high school

Sakai 05-16-2012 06:03 PM

I'm a Raver
Hardcore, brain pulsing, floor rattling bass for me please. The faster or harder the beat the better.
Also 80's...most anything from rock, metal, pop, ect.
My guilty secret...J-pop. (Japanese pop music)

collingwood 05-16-2012 08:04 PM

AOR, rock, hard rock, metal... things like Toto, Journey, Survivor, Van Halen, Ratt, Firehouse, Pretty Maids, Treat, White Lion, Winger... a lot of the 80's type stuff. I'm very much in to my music.

I have a friend who has a band called De La Cruz who have got a deal with a recording company and they are playing 80's style music, check them out on FB

Arctic Mama 05-16-2012 08:10 PM

Yay to the J-Pop! That and the 80's stuff are my guilty pleasures, too. Otherwise I listen to a lot of vocal (more classically inclined stuff), alternative, singer/songwriter/folk, some rock, and a little dash of pop, broadway, gospel, and country. I'm pretty varied.

In fact, the only music I don't like is most of the modern Latino pop (but the instrumental stuff from central and south America and the Caribbean is muy bueno!), rap, hip hop, electronica, club/dance nonsense and similar such things. Everything else I can tolerate, at the very least, and much of it I love,

caramelkitty 05-16-2012 08:52 PM

I'm a big time rnb, hip hop and rap fan. My all time fave is Tupac. Go figure. lol but I absolutely love Reggeaton. & J POP. I'm a strange one lol

imnotperfect24 05-16-2012 09:01 PM

I listen to pretty much anything I don't really define my tastes by genre. But the only types of music that I absolutely can not stand are classical and hard rock.

My current favorite artist is Crystal Bowersox.. If you like checking out new music and have never heard of her (or if you have) go onto youtube and search "Farmers Daugher by Crystal Bowersox" she has some amazing music out there and her New EP is coming out May 29th.

ICUwishing 05-16-2012 09:38 PM

Hair bands, classic rock, and the rock/blues mixes of Vaughan, Lang, Duarte. If I need serious concentration, piano works of Schubert. I go classical piano solos when brainpower is required. :)

Natasha22 05-16-2012 09:41 PM

I love music, I can pretty much find beauty in anything, from Slayer to Britney Spears (no joke). Currently I'm more into Indie bands: Washed Out, WIM, Cults. My boyfriend really enjoys dubstep, so I listen to that as well and I quite like it.

XLMuffnTop 05-16-2012 09:46 PM

I'll listen to several different types of music, some of which is mildly popular but definitely not "pop". My love is most genres of metal. Some of the better known bands I like are Cannibal Corpse, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Slayer, Mastodon, Behemoth..... Other stuff I like ranges from Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, 80s metal/non-metal, Arcade Fire, The Black Keys, The Misfits, Fugazi, Testament, Tool.... I really like music. :D

sheramama 05-16-2012 11:03 PM

I'm a rock girl all the way from The Doors and Hendrix to Pearl Jam to Social Distortion to The Airborne Toxic Event.

krampus 05-17-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 4336176)
I'll listen to several different types of music, some of which is mildly popular but definitely not "pop". My love is most genres of metal. Some of the better known bands I like are Cannibal Corpse, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Slayer, Mastodon, Behemoth..... Other stuff I like ranges from Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, 80s metal/non-metal, Arcade Fire, The Black Keys, The Misfits, Fugazi, Testament, Tool.... I really like music. :D

F yeah! I'm going to Maryland Deathfest next week and I CANNOT WAIT OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a major audiophile and when I say "I love all genres" I really mean it. I'm a HUGE fan of Caribbean music all around - soca, reggae, dub, dancehall, cumbia, reggaeton etc. I also love almost all forms of electronic music, with a special passion for particularly obnoxious house music, minimal techno and "liquid" drum-n-bass. Metal courses through my veins (I especially love black, death and thrash) and pretty much anything under the umbrella term "goth" is cool too. I love all the whiny '80s acts - The Cure, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, New Order etc. as well as Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, and tons of girl groups. My favorite song of all time is "Computerliebe" by Kraftwerk.

I don't like chill acoustic guitar music, quiet/twee indie pop/rock, or most dubstep.

Beach Patrol 05-17-2012 01:04 PM

I love many kinds of music - rock'n'roll & all its cousins (southern rock, pop-rock, heavy metal, hair-band rock, etc) country, reggae, carribean, celtic, pop, disco (love me some disco!!!!) motown, soul, big-band, swing, hip-hop, new-age, punk, grunge, blues (love the blues!!!), jazz, classical, dance, easy listening, blue-grass, folk, greek, latin, salsa, 20's era, 40's era, 50's/60's/70's era... 80's ... 90's... current... etc.

I love just about everything! - EXCEPT OPERA. (altho I love many MUSICALS, but just not... opera. Ugh!!)

But in my heart of hearts, I'm a true-blue ROCK'N'ROLL GIRL! Yeah, baby! "I-i-i-i-i-i... wanna rock'n'roll alllll nighttttt, and party every-day!!!!"

joyc21 05-17-2012 01:25 PM

My favorite music is gospel, r&b, soul. I particularly love r&b from the 70's and 80's.

mammasita 05-17-2012 01:33 PM

I love EVERYTHING too.....from country to reggae to reggaton to latin to mariachi to alternative to hip hop to rock - love it all. I grew up listening to Madonna, Whitney, Paula Abdul so I'll always be a pop/RnB girl at heart.....

I also love me some classic Metallica (Black Album), Nirvana, Pearl Jam......

OMG @ Krampus - I went through a phase in high school where I wouldn't listen to anything BUT The Cure, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, New Order.....AND Morissey....aaaaahhhh memories :D