3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Missed period while on birth control...huh? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/258624-missed-period-while-birth-control-huh.html)

mimsyborogoves 05-08-2012 08:38 AM

Missed period while on birth control...huh?

So I probably shouldn't be freaking out yet, but my period was supposed to start today -- I usually wake up with it on the last Tuesday of my birth control pills. But today, I got nada. I know I'm definitely not pregnant -- I haven't had vaginal sex since a couple days before New Year's Eve, I've had regular periods (like clockwork) up until today, and I've shown NO symptoms whatsoever. What could this mean? I've had a lot of medical issues down there since my last pap in March, and I had a colposcopy a few weeks ago that was followed by a yeast infection (not to mention I had just gotten over 2 vaginal infections right before I got my colposcopy). Could that have affected me being on my period? I have been super stressed lately... blargh. I don't like it when my system doesn't work properly!

nelie 05-08-2012 09:43 AM

Sometimes these things happen. I missed my period last month and I'm a bit worried that I'm pregnant but hoping it comes in this week. If not, off to the drug store I go. I already kind of joked with my husband about going to the drug store.

If you miss another month, it wouldn't hurt to have a gyn appointment.

tonimaroni2 05-08-2012 09:47 AM

My period gets totally out of control when I'm dropping weight. Even just a few pounds would make it come early or late. One month I spotted all month long and by the time my period was actually supposed to be here, nothing. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're that sure your not pregnant. It's probably just your body adjusting to the changes.

cherrypie 05-08-2012 10:39 AM

I'm on the pill and missed mine a couple months ago. It came back the next month

Munchy 05-08-2012 10:53 AM

I've been on the pill for over ten years and a few years ago my period just stopped for 7 months. My doctor said it was very normal with women on hormonal bc and that it wasn't dangerous.

CrystalZ10 05-08-2012 11:04 AM

Since I started on the pill 4 years ago, my cycle, (which was regular and never any issues), has been messed up big time. I went off it for awhile, and wound up having a period like 2 or 3 times a month, and even though I back on the pill, it keeps trying to start. It also will be late by a few days as well.
Possibly the stress is a factor in you not starting?

Amy8888 05-08-2012 01:08 PM

Yes, and what you get while on birth control really isn't a period, it just looks like one. I wouldn't worry.

Quiet Ballerina 05-08-2012 01:14 PM

Stress makes my cycle crazy. That could be affecting yours.

EatMoreCelery 05-08-2012 06:01 PM

Along with what everyone said above, a yeast infection can delay your period. Did your doc talk to you about ways to prevent a yeast infection?

mimsyborogoves 05-08-2012 09:04 PM

I DID change the time I took my pill from when I wake up til right before I go to bed -- could that be why my cycle's messed up? I still haven't had any signs of Aunt Flo.

Veela 05-08-2012 09:24 PM

My last 2 cycles on the pill I had no period. If you have had a lot of infections and high stress events it is possible for your body to react by with holding your period. I think this is what has happened to me because I have been very stressed for the last 2 months. Stress does funny things to the body as does illness. I would wait it out and see what happens.

electrongirl 05-08-2012 09:25 PM

There are a millions things that can cause your cycle to go a little haywire.

If it is only a couple of days late I wouldn't worry but if it happens a lot or you are really worried, just check with your doctor.

I had the implant a few years ago and since having it removed my cycle is schizo to say the least!

mimsyborogoves 05-09-2012 11:49 PM

Aunt Flo made her appearance today; no more fretting! Lol

canadianwoman 05-10-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves (Post 4327975)
Aunt Flo made her appearance today; no more fretting! Lol

Glad to hear that. Birth control pills just messed me up when I was taking them. Now since I am menopausal I only see my TOM every 4 or 5 months. It's great! :)