Eater's Remorse

• Who suffers from this ~ I sure do, and it is driving me nutz.
  • Not usually, but tonight, for example, I had a food I knew could trigger me. It did, I way overate, and definitely regret the extra thousand calories I wasn't hungry for!

But that's life. I did my workout afterward, which not only makes me feel much better but also goes a long way to mitigating insulin response to food. Tomorrow is a new day and the kitchen is quite closed to me tonight, that you very much, so I will just march on and do better at my very next meal.

So do I have eater's remorse? Well when I overeat on stuff that isn't good for me I'm not happy about it, certainly, but I don't dwell on failure, either. I'm not sure if I qualify for remorse if I shrug and move on
  • I'm getting eater's remorse from the Wendy's I ate last night.

Although I think it's more my stomach saying "WTF DID YOU GIVE ME." Ugh I guess this is what happens when you don't have fast food for five months and suddenly decide: gee I want some chicken nuggets!!

In my head I don't really regret it because I was still 400 calories short yesterday, but I'm certainly going to think twice before getting anything besides a salad there.
  • I did sooo well for 4 months and the last 2-3 weeks I have been slipping back into my old bad habits and I feel terrible about it. -- I need a good lick in my butt to get back on track.
  • I usually know in advance when I'm going to have eaters remorse (for the most part) and spend the entire time remorsing as I eat, but then I look at all the good food, that I have been eating and will eating again and say screw it!

I'm constantly deciding what I put in my mouth and I've made this really important decision to be more healthy. With that in mind, the healthiest of people have to have a "cheat" day, whatever that maybe. For me it's the only thing keeping me going. To be completely honest, even my cheat days are far better meal wise compared to my previous eating habbits.
  • I'm having eater's remorse this morning from an encounter with several bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats....and the scale so rudely reminded me of that this morning.
  • haha, yeah feeling it right now. Last night: yeah apple crumble is fine. another piece? don't mind if I do! (my niece was on my lap helping me eat it, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)