General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #31  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

He sounds like a real piece of $hit. If he's doing this to you, you can pretty much guarantee he'll treat your daughter this way at some point or another. I would get the heII out of there before it gets worse. I certainly wouldn't pay for anything of his.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #32  
threenorns

sorry for all the drama ... =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnadoitthistime View Post
It might help to look back on how things have been in the past. Was the housework always like that? Were things better early on and seemed to go downhill? It might help to write things down, like when you first started to living together he..., then it changed to .... then... etc, like a timeline. It might just be that downward spiral of abuse that has finally got to this point.
actually, he's the pro when it comes to cleaning - he had his own janitorial business for 15yrs. when we met, i was THE worst housekeeper. with my adhd and asperger's and then my dad on top of it all, chores were not something we did when i was a kid. childhood was staying out until it was late enough to sneak into the house and get upstairs to my room before anybody saw me and then sleeping up on the shelf in my closet.

after he and i started living together, i went to flylady.net and got some chores lists with specific instructions and i managed to keep the sink clear of dishes, the floor clear of crunchy stuff, and the dirty laundry to a minimum. it was so hard to keep it all straight in my head but i'd get it all done.

and he'd come home and complain that the bathroom light was left on, the tub hadn't been cleaned, the balcony hadn't been swept and he didn't like what i'd cooked for dinner - nothing wrong with it "if you like that kind of thing" just he didn't feel like eating it. the big problem is that he's trini, so he only likes to eat trini and indian food - what i know about cooking indian food comes off the menu at Bombay Palace. he tells me "you have to grow up with it to learn the hand", then yells at me because he explained it once and i still didn't get it right.

this, btw, is a cooking "lesson" - "okay, take some flour and put it in a bowl. more. MORE! put some flour in de dam bowl, nah! too much! take some out. okay, now put some salt in. bit more. okay, get a cup of water. [after about 5min of looking at me like i'm a freak, he reaches over and pulls a coffee cup off the dish rack - silly me for looking for measuring cups]..." continue with the water temperature and adding the water to the flour.

even the way i kneaded was incorrect ("i thought you said you was a baker?").

so one day i cheated: the neighbour lady came over and helped me make a goat curry that was phenomenal. he came home, lifted the lid, sniffed and said "it'll have to do, i suppose". i flipped out and said the lady next door said it was good - "she's guyanese - she don' know s--t about cooking. none of them do."

that was the last time i cooked indian food with him anywhere around and i told him "you are so fussy with such a dainty stomach, YOU do the cooking. i have the courtesy to respect the effort when someone cooks - cook what you want, i don't care, i'll eat it."

he love saying things like "i don't know how you canadians can LIVE like this... " or "i don't know how you people do things, but where i come from..." and so on.

when we met, he was wonderful - the horribleness started with the positive pregnancy test (this is where i mention he's very short - an inch or so shorter than i am, and he's proportionate so condoms, the only methods of BC i can safely take, are a dodgey proposition at best). i kept it hypothetical "what if this happened? how are we dealing with it?" and he went on and on about how much he'd loved being a father, he missed it, tear, tear, gaze fondly at photo of two older children so i thought "... not bad...." and after some serious soul-searching i faced the fact that i'd always wanted a third girl and he seemed like he would make a wonderful father (which - to this point - he is, failing the fact that he is really really slow to catch up to saari's development - he still talks baby talk to her).

i said to him today, "going by what you're telling me, you want me to do:

100% of the housework
100% of the cooking
100% of the laundry
100% of parenting saari except for when you want to be Fun Daddy
work full time to pay half the household expenses plus my own
and now i have to see about saari's education since the school isn't going to get off their butts to test for learning disorder until grade 3. [and i'm not going to let her suffer for 5yrs before they get around to it]

so.... what? do i tell saari "sorry kid, i gotta work. just, you know, do your best. it's okay, nobody expects much from you" so i can work to pay the bills?

or do i just stop sleeping and when i finish work, leap in through the door with a vacuum in one hand and a frying pan in the other or oh, no, that's right: you don't like to be disturbed when you sleep on the livingroom couch or in your bedroom with the door open.

i guess that puts us in a picklement, doesn't it?

tell me, ganesh, HOW am i to manage this? you're the expert, you have all the answers, educate and elucidate!

that was when he said he was tired of talking to me because i don't LISTEN! i just don't LISTEN! i said i'm listening as hard as i can but all i'm hearing is static!

so i went to work and he called me 3x on my cell phone ("saari wants to know if she can have a popsicle".... "where's the broom?".... "dandy wants to go outside - should i put him out?") and twice on the shop phone ("did you file income tax? did you declare single or married?" and "your mother called - she wants you to call her when you get home").

so my boss sent me home at lunch time.

but you know what?

no problem staying on the diet. i'm not doing it for him so his behaviour and attitude have zero effect on my efforts.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #33  
吃多一点,吃少一点

S/C/G: >29" / 25.5" / <=25"

Height: 5' 3.5"

This guy sounds like an epic loser. Any way you can ditch the ******* and take your children with you?

And also, next time he takes it upon himself to critique your appearance, cooking, whatever -- tell him to take his a$$ back to India and see what kind of woman will have him there!
xiaobaicai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #34  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

That's horrible! I would seriously kick his *** if you were one of my gf's. >=( You need to ditch this p.o.s. because he's certainly not doing you any favors. Stay with some friends or family if you can until you can get on your feet and make it on your own. Your child deserves better than a guy who doesn't respect you or apparently care about her.

Last edited by UrthWurm; 04-20-2012 at 08:10 PM.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #35  

I dated a man like him, he was Sikh. First time and last time.

I'll reiterate what everyone else has said - GET OUT before it gets worse. As far as I know, yes, MANY (not all) of them believe you are to do 100% of everything. I dumped the guy i was dating when he wanted me to come to his house (he lived in a 10 bedroom house with his parents and grandparents and siblings) to do his laundry and tidy up his room because it would "fun" but I couldn't mention to his parents we were dating. I was his "fat white secret." :S

If you are in Surrey, I know exactly the type of guys that are there. Not a good situation to be in.

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 04-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

That is horrible. I'm so sorry. *hugs* You need to get away from him - he's toxic.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #37  
threenorns

toxic is a good word.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #38  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

It is hard, and I am speaking from experience. Go, and donīt look back. My first marriage was horrible and it was the hardest thing in my life to leave him and stay away but it was totally worth it. Your baby girl is beautiful (as are the other ones) and she deserves to not live in this type of toxic enviroment where the people donīt like each other.

Pack up and leave the ·ss before he knows whateven hit him.

Good luck!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It was probably the way he raised--and I say that after living in India myself and still being heavily involved in the Indian community. Things probably aren't going to change. I would be glad to be more specific if you like on PM.

(ETA: This is the 2nd time I have posted to you but I didn't realize the cultural difference before.)

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 04-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #40  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I know a lot of people coming from the same culture. You're right, it is that way, and not necessarily what American women think is fair.

Given that, do you expect him to change? I'm thinking no. Is he a good father - aside from the yelling?

You can't control what he does or says. You CAN control what you do. I know you know this, but I can't imagine the arguing is helping your daughter at all. You have the right to argue all you want, but seriously, that's just awful for kids to see. I know, I've seen it - maybe you have too.

You've got to change something - I would hope it didn't involve pulling a family apart and taking a daughter away from her father, but it might. There's definitely some changes that you can try to make happen before you all get to that - like stop yelling. Maybe if you stop yelling, he will stop yelling.

I don't know you, all I know is what you posted here, and I know you've had a rough life. You may not agree with me or become angry with me, but you really have to put your daughter first. Her seeing and hearing this is not good.

Last edited by Vex; 04-21-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #41  
it's always something

I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time with your marriage I would like to suggest seeing a marriage counselor as soon as possible. You both need professional support for your marriage to survive or to guide you with the next step. It can make an amazing difference! If it doesn't help your relationship improve, it will at least help make separation go smoother for the entire family.

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #42  
threenorns

that is such a good idea.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.