Was thinking of birthday splurge

• Well my birthday is this week. My hubby asked me what would I like to do. He usually just takes me out to eat. So I figured since I have been eating really well since Feb, I wanted to go to the cheesecake factory and have a nice piece of chocolate cheesecake. HAHA. I looked up the calories for my favorite piece and wow!!! A whopping 938 calories!!!
    I just can't bring myself to do it. I want it...I love cheesecake...but 938 calories is almost my daily allowance of calories! LOL
    So now I'm gonna have to settle for something else. Maybe some frozen yogurt.
  • Can you share a piece with him? Half of that wouldn't be too bad.
  • I like ddc's suggestion It's your birthday and if you're only going to have a piece of cheesecake on your birthday each year, go for it!

Not gonna lie, I'm saving calories so I can have a chocolate bar tonight lol. So I might be a little biased on the treating yourself thing. :P
  • Yeah...I guess I could. I will give him the bigger piece lol.
  • I didn't care what I ate on my birthday. I dont want my weight loss journey to take over my life and make me always miss out on things I like, so I allow myself to indulge for the holidays. But, if you want to resist, then all the power to you!
  • What about if you eat at maintenance that day?
  • I like the suggestion of splitting the piece of cheesecake. I know the whole point is having the delicious cheese cake factory cheesecake, but here's just one more suggestion you could consider. Make your own low-cal cheesecake. Its as easy as some light cream cheese, light cool whip, a bit of lemon juice, and a store bought graham cracker crust. Or even do I what I do and skip the crust for even lower calorie - the filling is my favorite part anyway! Like I said, really not the same and not as good but it might satisfy your craving for cheesecake.
  • Yep, around here birthdays, holidays and Sundays are all free days. I never would have checked the calories because free days are suppposed to be guilt free, too. It's probably my favorite rule. It has to be a holiday that we actually celebrate, have off work, etc to count. No, pretend candy/card holidays. On holidays where kids have to go to school, parents work...we usually have a small treat, not a free day.
  • OH gosh! Cheesecake Factory is heaven!!

Honestly though, I don't know how you could eat more than a few bites of any of their cheesecakes. So rich! Share it if you must or just take a few bites. If you want to avoid it, nobody here would blame you.

My birthday was yesterday and we went out to eat and my mother make me a cheesecake for my birthday. I had a slice (the cheesecake she makes is quite light, but I'm unsure of the calories). I ate barely anything the whole day because I wanted to enjoy my birthday dinner at and the cheesecake. I wound up eating only half my dinner too

Totally worth it