3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Was thinking of birthday splurge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/257012-thinking-birthday-splurge.html)

want2bskine 04-15-2012 08:27 PM

Was thinking of birthday splurge

Well my birthday is this week. My hubby asked me what would I like to do. He usually just takes me out to eat. So I figured since I have been eating really well since Feb, I wanted to go to the cheesecake factory and have a nice piece of chocolate cheesecake. HAHA. I looked up the calories for my favorite piece and wow!!! A whopping 938 calories!!! :dizzy:
I just can't bring myself to do it. I want it...I love cheesecake...but 938 calories is almost my daily allowance of calories! LOL
So now I'm gonna have to settle for something else. Maybe some frozen yogurt.

ddc 04-15-2012 08:29 PM

Can you share a piece with him? Half of that wouldn't be too bad.

kimminy 04-15-2012 08:36 PM

I like ddc's suggestion :) It's your birthday and if you're only going to have a piece of cheesecake on your birthday each year, go for it!

Not gonna lie, I'm saving calories so I can have a chocolate bar tonight lol. So I might be a little biased on the treating yourself thing. :P

want2bskine 04-15-2012 08:37 PM

Yeah...I guess I could. I will give him the bigger piece lol.

Candeka 04-15-2012 08:37 PM

I didn't care what I ate on my birthday. I dont want my weight loss journey to take over my life and make me always miss out on things I like, so I allow myself to indulge for the holidays. But, if you want to resist, then all the power to you!

summerlove 04-15-2012 08:43 PM

What about if you eat at maintenance that day?

Volschika007 04-15-2012 10:16 PM

I like the suggestion of splitting the piece of cheesecake. I know the whole point is having the delicious cheese cake factory cheesecake, but here's just one more suggestion you could consider. Make your own low-cal cheesecake. Its as easy as some light cream cheese, light cool whip, a bit of lemon juice, and a store bought graham cracker crust. Or even do I what I do and skip the crust for even lower calorie - the filling is my favorite part anyway! Like I said, really not the same and not as good but it might satisfy your craving for cheesecake.

mariposssa 04-15-2012 10:29 PM

Yep, around here birthdays, holidays and Sundays are all free days. I never would have checked the calories because free days are suppposed to be guilt free, too. It's probably my favorite rule. It has to be a holiday that we actually celebrate, have off work, etc to count. No, pretend candy/card holidays. On holidays where kids have to go to school, parents work...we usually have a small treat, not a free day.

sontaikle 04-15-2012 11:07 PM

OH gosh! Cheesecake Factory is heaven!!

Honestly though, I don't know how you could eat more than a few bites of any of their cheesecakes. So rich! Share it if you must or just take a few bites. If you want to avoid it, nobody here would blame you.

My birthday was yesterday and we went out to eat and my mother make me a cheesecake for my birthday. I had a slice (the cheesecake she makes is quite light, but I'm unsure of the calories). I ate barely anything the whole day because I wanted to enjoy my birthday dinner at and the cheesecake. I wound up eating only half my dinner too :lol:

Totally worth it ;)