General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default Share your ideas please -- how to keep your OWN good temper up?

So I had a rough day yesterday supporting a friend going to a major upset.

I cannot reveal what it is that upset her so, but I will say it was hours of emotional outpouring. Some of it, I honestly just don't understand, but that wasn't my role. My role was just to be a friend, listen, let her dump it all out and process whatever she had to process. I hope it helped her vent and move her to a place where she can decide whatever she needs to decide. She's been there for me so I wanted to be there for her.

But NOW? I am now EXHAUSTED! I'm not in a bad mood. I'm just low on good. YKWIM?

Normally I avoid people when I'm low on good temper. I read, garden, spend time alone, etc. to restore and replenish my reserve.

I just wanted to put it out here in case anyone likes websites with positive reads, uplifting photos, jokes, whatever that I could take a peekie at if you post the link. Or just wants to share stories about how YOU boost yourself back into good temper when you feel run down low.

I'd like to hear it for new ideas.

Thanks! Most appreciated!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I listen to comedy routines on Youtube or watch a funny movie. Also, listening to music or relaxation sounds.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I spend time alone or find something that makes me laugh, depending on what type of mood I'm in. Today, I've holed myself up in the bedroom with a cup of tea, 3FC, and pinterest to keep me company
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Comic books. Lots of 'em. "Pearls Before Swine", "Get Fuzzy", old "Calvin and Hobbes", "Bloom County" or "Far Side". No matter how bad my mood, if I can find a way to get a good belly laugh, it's as good as a reset button.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

It really depends on my mood, most times I just like to go to bed, or nap after dealing with someone else's emotional baggage.

Maybe I'll read my book, catch up on my current show I missed within the week. Put on some silly dress and heels and dance around my apartment. (yep I'm a nerd) lol play my game on my phone or Ps3. I don't know it really just depends on what I feel like doing after that moment.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I do one of two things: I hang out with a good friend of mine, ***** a little, laugh, and I generally feel better OR I turn off both of my cell phones and have a little "me" time, painting my nails, going for a walk, and watching a show I like.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Thanks! I'll check into some of those!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have a list of things that make me feel good and things to read that do the same.
Here's a my partial list:
Things That Make Me Feel Better
· Working with plants
· Tidying the kitchen
· Tidying my desk
· Catching up on postings
· Starting alterations to something
· Finishing an old quilting project
· Soaking in the tub
· Dog cuddling
· Sunshine – even reflected from the new metal chimney next door
· Designing a new quilt
·
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm a gratitude person - when I get grumbly, exhausted, grumpy, or depressed, it is time for me to take a step back and do a little assessing of how darn good I have it.

Also, sometimes getting five minutes in the bathroom with my headphones on, listening to a nice song or sermon, can make all the difference in the world.

Calling my husband and telling him I love him, or just stopping for a hug.

All these things keep me from sinking into negative and unproductive emotions.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote