What to add to couscous??

• I can't believe I've never tried this before, but I picked some up, and am wondering what everyone adds to it.

What's the best stuff to add to couscous?
  • I love it with crumbled feta and diced tomatoes. Yum!
  • I usually take the already flavored kind haha.
  • To cold couscous I add: slivered almonds, some shredded raw greens, a bit of goat cheese, roasted asparagus, lemon juice and a little olive oil. YUM
  • 1 cup apple juice
    1 cup raisins and minced apricots (or 1 cup Del Monte Fruit bits and skip the chopping)

1/2 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup whole grain couscous (ex: fantastic Foods Organic Whole Wheat Couscous)
    1.5 cups water
    1 tbs olive oil
    1 large apple, peeled, diced
    1 medium onion, diced
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts

1) Dump the fruit bits, curry powder, cinnamon, and apple juice in a bowl to soak.

2)Put the couscous and water into a microwavable bowl and nuke covered on high for 2 minutes,

3)Diced the onion and apple. Heat oil in skillet and sautee onions until onions are clear. Add apples and sautee a few minutes more.

4) Fluff couscous with a fork. Mix everything up together and garnish with walnuts. Serve. Makes approx. 6 fluffy cups or 5 1/2 packed cups.

Enjoy!
    A.
  • Quote: I love it with crumbled feta and diced tomatoes. Yum!
    Yes! With the above also add a splash of olive oil, salt & pepper, green onions......

It's great cold or warm!
  • Couscous is easily adaptable - remember, it's essential teeeeeeny tiny pasta. I cook it in a myriad of ways, just nothing saucy as it would get lost in a sauce. I cook veggies in a cooked down chicken broth and add in fresh parsley or dill and add it on top of couscous too (to add to the ideas above).