3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Things I WILL Do Now, and Not Wait Until I'm Thin (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/254311-things-i-will-do-now-not-wait-until-im-thin.html)

seagirl 03-06-2012 08:11 AM

Things I WILL Do Now, and Not Wait Until I'm Thin

So many of us put off life until we are the "right" size. What are you doing NOW to get happy and live the life you want instead of waiting until you are thin?

Here's my list:
1. Started Couch to 5K, and am running my first 5K on St Paddy's day and my second on Easter Weekend.
2. Signed up for a triathlon in June, I'm doing the bike & swim, my fried is running.
3. Signing up for a whole sprint triathlon in September!
4. Signing up for Match.com and dating.

The only thing I need to hold off until I'm thin is buying smaller pants.

What are you doing now??

sontaikle 03-06-2012 09:13 AM

When I was overweight/obese I didn't let anything stop me. I know I'm thin now, but when I was obese I did the following:

1. Went to college, was very active on campus and became a known figure/leader
2. Finished my Master's in a year with a high GPA
3. Studied abroad in Italy
4. Got engaged
5. Got a job despite the economy
6. Went to the gym 4-5x a week throughout high school, college and grad school

berryblondeboys 03-06-2012 09:17 AM

I don't let weight keep me from doing things either and never have.

I went to the pool while obese. I wore shorts while obese, etc. To me you look MORE ridiculous wearing jeans and long sleeved shirt on a 90 degree day than in shorts and a t-shirt. And going swimming? Swimming is good for you, so avoiding it because you are fat seems pretty silly to me! Heavy people should be the FIRST ones in the pool as it's a great way to start into exercise that is easy on the joints!

Anssett 03-06-2012 04:02 PM

I love this thread and strongly believe in doing what makes you happy NOW, not someday when you're thin.

Near my heaviest I went to Hawaii with my boyfriend and learned to surf. It was hard, but awesome! I wore a one-piece 'cause I was afraid it would fly off while I was learning, but had a blast. I did wear bikinis on the beach and in the hot tub. My boyfriend thinks I'm a total babe, even at as a plus size girl.

astrophe 03-06-2012 04:51 PM

I pretty much just do it regardless of size.

Right now my interests revolve around my volunteer work, my gardening, and my kid.

While obese I finished my degree, got married, raised money for charity (biggest was 15K raised under MY leadership-- woot!) and did two half marathons as a walker. I did a whole bunch of other things too like animal rescue or teen work.

But if you want to pin me down to something I want to do but am kinda holding off on... zip lines. They look like fun, but I'm scared of heights! So I kinda want to be lighter before I go there in case I fall. Makes no sense at all, right? But there you go.

I am not always a rational being. LOL. :D

A.

LeilaJey 03-06-2012 05:27 PM

Wear a swimsuit and go swimming.. I'm terrified but I'm going to do it anyway.