General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I went to a Christmas Eve Service last night, too. This is a service that is always extra special.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #107  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

While I put on a good front, Christmas makes me sad for a variety of reasons.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #108  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124chicksinger View Post
While I put on a good front, Christmas makes me sad for a variety of reasons.

At service last night our Pastor said the station he listens to in the car was playing Christmas songs. He kept hearing Simon and Garfunkels Sounds Of Silence. He thought that was a bit strange since it isn't a Christmas song. Later the DJ came on and said it was one of the most requested songs for the station this time of year

It can be a very sad time of year for people. So much pain in the world This morning 35 were killed while at a Catholic mass in Nigeria.

So much pain

Which brings me to my FB post today....

As we watch, with concern, turmoil in the Middle East, here at home and across the globe, this Christmas morning reaffirms my belief that I can count only on Him for comfort and safety. Happy Birthday Jesus.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #109  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie and I celebrated Christmas morning alone as we usually do. Not a sad thing for us. Because we always celebrate Christmas Eve at our home our kids would usually go to their other parent's homes for Christmas morning.

This year my son/dil/granddaughter are in FLA. visiting her folks and my daughter (carrying my future grandchild)/sil(aka...kidnapper) stayed home to enjoy the day by themselves since they had done their "other" side visits earlier.

The kids would always come over in the later afternoon or evening though. Not this year so Angie and I spent the morning walking the dogs at the beach, then breakfast at the beach cafe. The rest of the day we rested I loaded old slides into the computer while she sat by me watching a Dr. Who marathon.

For dinner we went to our favorite Mexican joint, spending my Narcizo Bucks my niece got me in our gift exchange.

It was a great day...especially when I received a pic on my phone of my GRANDdaughter playing with her new toys in Florida.

My Christmas will extend into next week-end when all my kids get together with us.

I know many were lonely this Christmas. I pray all of you find a "filling" for that loneliness when the day comes next year

Thank all of you that made this thread last through the "season" possible by sharing your beliefs without being nasty
Old 12-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #110  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

Best
- Spending time with all the family in once place
- Dad cooking too much food and helping him cook. He has left overs forever ;p
- After dinner by the fire
- People are a lot more kind in general

Worst

- Spoiled temper tantrums (WHAT?! No car, just the iphone!!!?) - People absorbed in the GETTING
- People who use the season as an excuse to drive like a rabid baboon. Everyone's stressed, no reason to forget the rules of the road.
- Crowds
- My grocery store (everyone's so rude! I was so shocked to see arguments in the check out lane!)
- Morons who take it upon themselves to drive home drunk. Again, too many accidents using the holiday season as an exuse. So sad.

Last edited by retrogirl; 12-26-2011 at 10:36 AM.
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Usually I love Christmas but this year, I feel like the Christmas spirit was on vacation. But what I do like about Christmas is:

Christmas lights. People are so creative anymore, and syncing a lot of their lights to music is just so much fun to watch! I am in total awe of how they do it because I for one would never be able to do that.

Celebrating with the family the birth of Jesus, though the specific date is not December 25th...

Spending time with family.

What I dislike about it is the mountain called temptation when the house is full of fudge, cookies, chocolate everything and other sweets. I am weak >.<
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #112  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

We had our personal family Christmas last night. A great time. Plenty of chicken cacciatore and red wine. All my kids brought bottles of wine to share so we did!

Threw our money in the pot after dinner and decided to give half to my sister for her co-pays as she continues treatments and check-ups. The other half to a girl my step-d went to college with and her ministry in Africa working with young women with AIDS.

My 9 month old GRANDdaughter was overwhelmed with all the packages and toys....but as we all know, she played more with the paper and the boxes as well as a set of colored cups she has here in her toy box.

Good times!

Took the outside lights and Nativity down while Angie took down and packed all the indoor stuff. Her tradition of doing it while the Rose Parade was on.

A little sad to see the house empty but as I checked the house, inside and out, for anything left behind before we loaded it up into the storage, I noticed the cross with Jesus we got one year for Easter. A beautiful glass one, and once again I remembered the gift I will always have.

Until next HOLIDAY SEASON...

Blessings.