What are you reading Dec 2011

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Happy Dec 1st everyone! Please share what you are reading.

I just started last night Saving Max
  • I'm reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin and just finished Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling.
  • I just started reading the Game of Thrones series AGAIN.

Just finished Stephen King's new book. It was really good...the only thing I didn't like is that the end seemed too short...if that makes sense!
  • Quote: I just started reading the Game of Thrones series AGAIN.

Just finished Stephen King's new book. It was really good...the only thing I didn't like is that the end seemed too short...if that makes sense!
    I just finished 11/22/63 too! I enjoyed it, but I'm a total SK nut. And I'm rereading the Thrones books for the third time. LOL Obviously we like the same kinds of books. Any suggestions for a new series?
  • Quote: I'm reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin and just finished Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling.
    I just finished Mindy Kaling's book as well. So cute, super fast read...maybe a one nighter?

I started reading Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. So far, so good, but I can tell it may take a while to really get into it.
  • I finished Hunger Games yesterday (after it had been sitting around my house for months waiting for my teenager to pick it up and read it). Went out this morning and picked up the other two books in the series. So, I'll be starting Chasing Fire tonight.

I have purposely skipped over the whole "young adult" genre because I thought they would bore me. But, after so many great reviews and suggestions from my friends for Hunger Games, I thought "what the heck?" Boy, did I prove myself wrong - I'm hooked.
  • I'm halfway done with "Is Everyone Hanging out without me?" by Mindy Kaling and I think it's hilarious and a light-hearted read.

To follow when I'm done with that (not to mention reading tons of materials for finals) I have the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and Imagination First by Eric Liu.
  • I've still got school stuff to get done, but later this month I'll probably finish The Grapes of Wrath and a book on dealing with ADHD. I also plan on reading The Lords of Discipline.
  • I'm into the song of Ice and Fire series too. I finished "A Game of Thrones" and am now about 600 pages into "A Clash of Kings."

I really like the story I just have a difficult time reading much more than 100 pages a day. I'd say it's semi-easy reading but not quite a page turner. After 100 pages I start mixing people up. Therefore it's taking me awhile to work though the books. I got "A Clash of Kings" and "A Storm of Swords" from the library (after some time on the waiting list) and they are both due back 12/15. So I need to get reading .

I made a new year's resolution last year to read 50 books in 2011. I've only finished 41 thus far. Considering this, it probably wasn't a great idea to start a series of 900 page books. But I'm hooked now so it's too late. I'll just have to find some short teen books or books I can finish quickly to "get my numbers" by the 1st. I never said they need to be 50 Pulitzer prize winners.

Recommendations for short/quick reads would be appreciated.
  • I'm about half way through V is for Vengeance.

I tried reading Game of Thrones and couldn't get into it. Is it that good?
  • Reader Alert!!!! Did you know that Barnes & Noble is giving you a FREE $10 gift card for every $100 in gift cards you buy? Gee, even if you go buy a gift card or two for yourself, you get the bonus! I just bought 5 $100 gift cards to give to nieces and friends' kids for Christmas and got 5 $10 gift cards for myself! Bonus!
  • Nice

As far as GOT goes, I loved the first one and liked each successive book less and less and didn't even read the last one.

I just finished reading The Last Blind Date. It was very good, very funny.
  • I'm finishing "Wicked" (cant remember the author, but the book is AWESOME) and I'm also reading Slaughterhouse-5 by Kurt Vonnegut. I'll be reading the second book in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series when I'm done with the 2 i'm reading now and my kindle has about 10 books waiting for me and I've got a few other books lying around that I havent gotten to. I'm waiting to read a few more books before I get to SK's 11-22-63 (I read him all the time and I know that I will breeze thru it, so I'm kinda making myself wait for it. like a xmas gift lol) Maybe when I hit the 25lbs mark, I'll treat myself to the SK book
  • Oh, and I'll definitely be reading "Hunger Games" since everyone is raving about it. Thanks for sharing!
  • I am reading...
    The HELP. I love the book so far and can't believe how much fun it is and what a shocker. I was born in 65 so for me what happened during my parents time is a shocker. I am glad i live now. I am now thinking i will buy the "girl with the dragon tatoo" seems to be a good book.