My baking passion

• I don't have a lot of passions, but cooking seems to be one - baking especially. It's ironic that i love to bake and decorate cakes when now I can't eat those things, but I still love to make them. I mostly do whole grain breads, but also other baked goods.

I had started a blog, but when my health started to get bad, I stopped. I didn't stop baking, but I stopped blogging. But... now I'm back. Don't look if it tempts you, but I thought I would share another side of me:

http://bumblingbuddingbaker.blogspot.com/
  • Have you tried altering the recipes so they fit in with what you "can" eat? I love cooking. Absolutely love it. And I'm recently vegetarian, leaning towards veganism. I've been just changing around old recipes to fit in with how I eat now. Your stuff looks yummy!
  • Quote: Have you tried altering the recipes so they fit in with what you "can" eat? I love cooking. Absolutely love it. And I'm recently vegetarian, leaning towards veganism. I've been just changing around old recipes to fit in with how I eat now. Your stuff looks yummy!
    You really can't uncarb a bread or a cake. You can do gluten free, but that doesn't solve the blood sugar issues.

I don't really miss eating it. it's making it that I love and I love how my family and friends enjoy it so much.

I do cook - a lot and I love to cook and so the transition for me has been pretty easy as far as going lower carb is concerned. At least there is that.
  • I'm the same way. I love love LOVE to bake goodies! But I can't eat them. So I make them for co workers, or my family and friends! They don't seem to mind. I always steal one, just to make sure they are perfect!
  • I love baking too
  • There is just something very enjoyable to me about working with bread dough and even though I've now made over a hundred loaves of bread, yeast fascinates me immensely. And, I don't feel too guilty making bread - especially whole grain bread.
  • That sounds wonderful! I occasionally bake (and love it) but almost always give away what I make. Also, there's always the new passion of finding yummy ways to bake so you can taste! I'm always surprised by the ways you can make something healthier/lower in calories.
  • I love baking too. I had just perfected my sugar cookies when I decided to eat more healthy. I work in the activities department in a memory care unit. I get to bake with them and for them but don't have to eat it. It is very tempting but so far I have been refraining.
  • yay for baking!!
    I love baking... its actually relaxing for me... Thank god... i work in the service department of a car dealership.... they munch everything up quickly... i wish i could figure out a way to make it super yummy and not put weight on me..