General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default My baking passion

I don't have a lot of passions, but cooking seems to be one - baking especially. It's ironic that i love to bake and decorate cakes when now I can't eat those things, but I still love to make them. I mostly do whole grain breads, but also other baked goods.

I had started a blog, but when my health started to get bad, I stopped. I didn't stop baking, but I stopped blogging. But... now I'm back. Don't look if it tempts you, but I thought I would share another side of me:

http://bumblingbuddingbaker.blogspot.com/
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Have you tried altering the recipes so they fit in with what you "can" eat? I love cooking. Absolutely love it. And I'm recently vegetarian, leaning towards veganism. I've been just changing around old recipes to fit in with how I eat now. Your stuff looks yummy!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade903 View Post
Have you tried altering the recipes so they fit in with what you "can" eat? I love cooking. Absolutely love it. And I'm recently vegetarian, leaning towards veganism. I've been just changing around old recipes to fit in with how I eat now. Your stuff looks yummy!
You really can't uncarb a bread or a cake. You can do gluten free, but that doesn't solve the blood sugar issues.

I don't really miss eating it. it's making it that I love and I love how my family and friends enjoy it so much.

I do cook - a lot and I love to cook and so the transition for me has been pretty easy as far as going lower carb is concerned. At least there is that.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #4  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

I'm the same way. I love love LOVE to bake goodies! But I can't eat them. So I make them for co workers, or my family and friends! They don't seem to mind. I always steal one, just to make sure they are perfect!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

I love baking too
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #6  
Melissa

There is just something very enjoyable to me about working with bread dough and even though I've now made over a hundred loaves of bread, yeast fascinates me immensely. And, I don't feel too guilty making bread - especially whole grain bread.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

That sounds wonderful! I occasionally bake (and love it) but almost always give away what I make. Also, there's always the new passion of finding yummy ways to bake so you can taste! I'm always surprised by the ways you can make something healthier/lower in calories.

Last edited by kelly315; 10-03-2011 at 08:09 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I love baking too. I had just perfected my sugar cookies when I decided to eat more healthy. I work in the activities department in a memory care unit. I get to bake with them and for them but don't have to eat it. It is very tempting but so far I have been refraining.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/222/150

Height: 5.6

Default yay for baking!!

I love baking... its actually relaxing for me... Thank god... i work in the service department of a car dealership.... they munch everything up quickly... i wish i could figure out a way to make it super yummy and not put weight on me..
humanmommy is offline   Reply With Quote