Bad part of losing all this weight?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I lost a lot of insulation! I'm freezing! I'm sitting in my family room which is 70 degrees and I'm wearing long pants and a 3/4 length sweater and I need to dress warmer. I need another sweater! Brrrr!!

While it's great in summer that I don't get as overheated, the flip side is the cold!
  • I totally hear you! Less internal layering to keep you warm means needing to compensate by twice as much external layering. I also was living in Africa the past two years so my body adjusted to that weather. Now even Southern California weather is brutally cold to me haha I get teased a lot walking around when it's 75 out all bundled up!
  • I read your title and thought "there's a bad part???" ....but I guess it is true...I would love to be cold right now....haha
  • Yep, same here. For me it's my hands, they are always so cold! Spring is coming here soon so I don't want to buy any cold weather clothes, so I end up dressing in many, many layers. DD has picked this up and has decided it's a fashion statement and then must wear multiple shirts at once for an outfit to be acceptable!
  • I'M THE SAME WAY :/

I used to LOVE the cooler weather and now, I'm cold all of the time! One time I was literally SHIVERING at a restaurant. My fiancee's father joked around "That's what happens when you lose all that weight! You have nothing to keep you warm."

It's totally true.
  • My hands and nose are always cold

We lose all that weight, and then have to bundle up in giant sweaters that make us look like we didn't lose anything to begin with!

What a cruel joke, Winter!
  • I'm goin' thru the "pause" & have my own personal built-in heater. I don't know no cold right now. Ugh.

But, yay for you!!!!
  • I can't wait to be cold but more than that i can't wait to stop sweating when it's only 70 degrees out.
  • I have always had this to a certain extent but this year it is so much worse. I had to turn my furnace on a couple of days ago because I was so cold. I have a football game tonight and I am going to freeze. The only good thing is my jacket is so big now that I can put several layers of clothes under it.
    I hate being cold and have a feeling its gonna be a long winter for me. Brr
  • I hear you! Freezing. And I am in for a long, cold Canadian winter. Brrrrrr
  • I've been noticing the same things! I'm cold a lot more now that I EVER have been! and It's only going to get worse !lol
  • I get cold much easier these days. And, my bones hurt! I have lost a lot of weight on my lower rear end. My tailbone hurts when I sit. Ouch!
  • I hear ya! It's freaking freezing already... I'm going to have to buy more warm clothes - Good thing I have lots of room under my current winter clothes for layers!

I Also dislike being bony. My tailbone hurts now when I do v-sit exercises and roll ups.. ouch!
  • Yep - freezing all the time ! But it's a small price to pay !
  • Yeah I know what you mean.

I've just been thru a horribly cold winter (combo of it being the coldest winter we've had in ages, and me losing weight at the same time) and I would spend the whole day shivering. Rugging up under layers of baggy clothes (that's one thing old baggy clothes are good for!) to try and keep warm was horrible.

I was thinking the whole time, 'darn it, i'm so fab under all these layers, but no one can see that, I just look flabby'.

Bring on summer I say!