General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/SeeTicker/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Stay at Home Moms...

Do you find it crazy hard to watch what you eat?

I have been on my "lifestyle change" for over a year and some days it's ok and some are just torture like having to make home cooked chii and not have the whole pot myself and preparing meals for two toddlers around the clock. Makes me wanna eat!!!

Also, do you find that staying at home is sometimes depressing in terms of having the same routin every day? What do you do throughout the week to "break it up"?
Kateryna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

YES!!!!

It's much harder than when I was a working mom! I have the kitchen here all day, I am so busy yet so bored, I'm always cooking and tasting!

I'm not sure how to fix it though... I have a hard time because there are no baby groups here and I have no local friends (just moved), it's very hard for me to make friends because I don't speak the local language.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/SeeTicker/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh same here! Most of my friends don't have kids yet and are working a lot so we disconnected over these 2 years I've been at home plus they live in downtown about 1 hour drive from me so I feel very stuck here alone and no one to hang around with. Also surprisingly my neighborhood has A LOT of Philipino nannies here and they seem to like to be in their own "club".
Kateryna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/?/150

Height: 5'4

Unhappy

Yes find it very hard!!! My son just turned 1 and he loves everything and cheese puffs are his favorite (mine to). So when i do let him have them it is so hard for me not to eat them...

I also find it depressing staying home all the time doing the same thing over and over and over. I am trying to find ways to break it up but it has not worked yet. My boy friend will ask why the house is not as clean as it should be or whatever and i just look at him and shake my head. There are just some days where i would rather do nothing but play with my son all day just so i dont do the same thing all the time. I to live to far from anyone i know my best friend that lived a few doors down from me moved so now i really do have nothing.
Icey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #5  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

It hasn't been that hard for me because I have always fed my babies healthy foods. My DD is 13 months and there isn't anything that I feed her that I wouldn't eat myself (or that wouldn't fit in my plan somehow) except for the formula. (We're still doing formula for a few months because I planned on breastfeeding for at least two years but it didn't work out and it seems wrong to take away that substitute so soon.)

One thing that keeps me from eating too much during the day is the baby gate! I have a baby gate to keep DD from the kitchen and it keeps me out, too. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to climb over that thing. My problem is eating too much after the baby gate comes down when the kids are in bed.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote