3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Been gone a while... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/242900-been-gone-while.html)

MindiV 09-12-2011 12:51 PM

Been gone a while...

Not sure if any of y'all remember me. I was here a while, started having issues with weight creep after forever in maintenance, and now I'm back again.

With complications. Won't be worrying about maintaining for a while...in fact, I'll be gaining - healthy weight, that is.

I'm pregnant :dizzy:

And freaking out. I've trained myself for so long to eat X amount of calories a day, and now that's out the window. I'm having a major mental hurdle getting past that and deliberately eating more. Right now it's especially hard, since I'm not hungry at ALL.

But just sayin' hi again. I definitely need 3FC to keep on track and make sure the weight I gain is healthy weight for me and my baby, whoever he or she may be!

Lovely 09-12-2011 12:58 PM

Hullo! :D Of course you're remembered.

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Take good care of yourself :yes:

Shannon in ATL 09-12-2011 02:47 PM

Congratulations, MindiV! I just saw a post from you in another thread with your new tracker and had to search for this thread because I knew I hadn't missed this news by much!

:)

Glory87 09-12-2011 03:13 PM

Hey congratulations :)

As far as eating enough for your pregnancy, you don't need to eat THAT much more, especially at the beginning. I had done some personal research last year that said 300 extra calories a day was sufficient (I was envisoning a piece of peanut butter toast and a nice glass of milk as my "extra").

Follow your doctor's advice.

Glad you are back.

Jen

junebug41 09-12-2011 03:30 PM

I used to freak out about how my body would react to being pregnant. It turned out to be a moot point because I was too sick to care about such silly things like nutrition :p I think I survived on cheese sandwiches, pasta and fruit for weeks. I am back to my regular diet (thank God- I missed real food!), except for eating more, but I don't count. I do drink a lot of chocolate milk though, so I'm sure I'm covered in the spare calories dept ;) I'm in my 29th week and I'm up about 20lbs and loving every minute of it!

Just try to eat a balanced diet and let your body guide the way. Congratulations and a happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Expunge 09-12-2011 03:41 PM

Congratulations! I'm mostly a lurker but I remember you as well. :)

MindiV 09-12-2011 04:34 PM

Thanks, y'all. I'm so early in that I'm just not sure what to do yet. I'll try to listen to my body and stop counting.

I just worry, is all. :) Thanks for the support though!

Glory87 09-12-2011 07:32 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to count calories. Yes, you're supposed to gain weight but a certain amount of weight (30 lbs). Some women gain too much weight.

Especially for some of us, who have had a lifelong difficulty with "intuitive eating" and a tendency to dive in with both feet whenever the "eat up - all clear!" flag is raised.

I was briefly pregnant last year and I had fully planned to continue as normal - counting calories, maintenance + 300 calories per day.

You're probably so newly pregnant the doctor doesn't even want to see you yet (I remember thinking, but - I'm PREGNANT! what are you talking about 6-8 weeks until a doctor's visit) but hopefully you'll have a great doctor who will provide helpful guidance on eating for two.

MindiV 09-13-2011 08:55 AM

Glory, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because I have to find a new one. The OB I'd been seeing for years isn't delivering babies after the first of the year. So this is sort of a confirmation with a new doctor, and an "interview" of sorts. He may not do any tests or anything for a couple of weeks or whatever, but I've got to start on the road to finding one.

kittycat40 09-13-2011 09:07 AM

YAY Mindi!!!
Wishing you all the very best :):):)

EZMONEY 09-13-2011 10:01 AM

:cp: Congratulations Mindy :cp:

losermom 09-14-2011 08:01 AM

Congrats Mindi! Enjoy this new adventure!

MindiV 09-14-2011 09:49 AM

Thanks, y'all! I'm a mixture of excited, scared, happy and petrified. :) This will be quite a new adventure.

XLMuffnTop 09-14-2011 10:05 AM

Congratulations!

Thankfully you're pregnant and the end of this awful Texas summer! My co-worker's daughter was pregnant all through this heat; I just can't imagine!

Good luck and keep us posted!

MindiV 09-14-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 4032128)
Congratulations!

Thankfully you're pregnant and the end of this awful Texas summer! My co-worker's daughter was pregnant all through this heat; I just can't imagine!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh my goodness I thought of the same thing...timing could NOT be better! I'm out of the hottest part of summer, and (if all goes well) will be due in the first part of May, so I'll miss next summer. :carrot: