"Gold or Sterling Filled with HypoAllergenic Posts?"

• How soon after ear piercing did you wear these rather than solid gold or silver? I know my dgd must keep her solid gold earrings in for six weeks, but how soon after that can she try other types? I advise six months, but she's going to be anxious! Mine were done so long ago, I don't remember!
  • When my daughter got her ears pierced 2 yrs ago, they said 6 weeks. I kept them in for 6 months before changing to different ones. I noticed that she cannot wear anything but gold or silver for more then day before it hurts her. A few hrs tops, even the hypoallergenic. If she is has skin allergies ie gets rashes/irritations easily, I would wait.
  • It shouldn't hurt to try after 6 weeks! If she does experience irritation, you should try looking for bioplast earrings. It's a kind of plastic material, but it's hygienic and suitable for use in piercings, and you can buy all sorts of shapes and colours. I used this when my cartilage piercing was refusing to heal (and I left the solid silver stud in for over a year!) and now my ear is perfectly fine. Good luck!