3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   just wondering (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/240482-just-wondering.html)

carolr3639 08-09-2011 07:22 PM

just wondering

Why do you think people who have been here a long time just stop posting? Is it because they get tired of it? Just wondering.

mandalinn82 08-09-2011 07:38 PM

There are a ton of potential reasons. Some people fall off plan. Some people's priorities change. Some have lifestyles change, which may mean having less time to post. Some change their priorities, so that weight loss is less of a focus than other things might be.

I would guess there are as many reasons for leaving as people have reasons for posting.

CrystalZ10 08-09-2011 08:27 PM

I think cause there are so many people on the board and we all have our own pov's, its easy to feel ignored and invisible. It can be discouraging...I've seen posts from people who get fed up or are looking for attention who post a thread saying goodbye since they don't feel like they fit in.

Also like mandalinn pointed out, people fall off plan or lifestyle changes..

carolr3639 08-09-2011 09:23 PM

Thanks!

ade903 08-09-2011 11:47 PM

I've been off plan for quite a while now, but have been lurking the whole time. My focus has shifted from weight loss to going veg*n. I tried to be active on the vegetarian board, but it is pretty quiet in there. There are tons of reasons why people stop posting.

kelly315 08-10-2011 12:00 AM

I stopped posting for over a year- and for most of that time, it was mostly because I was offplan and gaining weight. I returned to 3fc the exact day I started up again, however.

popspry 08-10-2011 12:24 AM

When I'm having a hard time or completely off plan I don't come. Oh, I know I should, but I can't deal with it - both because I feel guilty and ashamed and because reading of others' losses when I'm doing horrible can make me feel even worse than I already feel.

CorinneIrene 08-10-2011 07:49 AM

After I reached my initial goal, I stopped posting because I was in maintenance and didn't feel I needed 3fc. Then, after about 6 mos. without 3fc, I gained 5 pounds in holiday weight. So this spring I re-focused and lowered my goal and am planning on sticking around for a while!

carolr3639 08-10-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

I stopped posting for over a year- and for most of that time, it was mostly because I was offplan and gaining weight. I returned to 3fc the exact day I started up again, however.
Was wondering about this. But there are others who lost a lot of weight and have as many as 10,000 post that quit. Maybe they are just tired of it. There sure is a lot to learn here, however.

FrouFrou 08-10-2011 12:27 PM

Some are/were on a specific thread where people just quit posting. This has happened to me several times...don't know the reasons for the people just quitting, well except for the last thread. That moved to a FB group which I didn't care for so been looking for a 3fc home/thread to fit in. Others I have been on would go strong for a while and then die down. Some of those ladies made goal and guess didn't want to post anymore? Who knows...I think it's like Mandalinn said...different reasons. I usually just post on the general thread and exercise threads now but I do read/lurk...been here too long to just quit.

NiteOwlMommy 08-10-2011 11:34 PM

I'll stop when I notice what was suppose to be just a checking in post for challenges and such turned into me browsing for a couple of hours. I felt it counterproductive so I now update via my phone it's easier to put the phone down than to walk away from the computer, at least for me. :)

darway 08-14-2011 04:33 PM

There is someone in the "Made Goal" threads who registered on this site 4 years ago. You never know, people can check back with progress after long departures.

Zeitgeist 08-14-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popspry (Post 3982813)
When I'm having a hard time or completely off plan I don't come. Oh, I know I should, but I can't deal with it - both because I feel guilty and ashamed and because reading of others' losses when I'm doing horrible can make me feel even worse than I already feel.

I didn't come around for a year when I was off plan, however, it wasn't so much about guilt and shame, as much as my mind was no where near weight loss, so it didn't even cross my mind to check in.

I do miss some of the people who were around when I first joined.