General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

I think you should leave him since drug users are losers and there is no positive future with any drug user, but you should also get counselling for responding with violence in a situation that didn't involve self-defense. The lie itself, being so small and lame, is irrelevant, but those other two factors are what matter in the situation.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180 / 168 / 120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
He overreacted annd behaved poorly, and you assaulted him?

Get out while you still have a clean arrest record.
I agree!! He may have been upset about something trivial but punching him was the most unstable thing I heard in the whole story! He very likely may not know if he wants to be in this relationship after that.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Maybe he should not be getting "high"
Maybe you should have just said "I don't want to listen to it right now"
Maybe a little class in "anger mgmt" would be in order
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

You are with someone who uses and you don't.
You lied.
You hit him.
You want to walk away.

YOU created this drama. I think you should consider all of that and determine how it is you want to live your life. DRAMA is so draining of energy and joy. Don't create it. Look at what happened and who you are with and figure out who you want to be. You stated he uses and you've never said anything to him about it. Well, sounds like to be you are resenting that. Why be with someone who doesn't have the same values? Take a look at you. Maybe you aren't into him because of many things, but it's not just this incident.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Everyone seems so harsh. I do know where your coming from, and I'm sure you hit him due to other tension that was building up in you. I had an ex boyfriend that smoked weed every day and when ever he didn't have it he would be rude and mean to me and I would just take it but one day(when he was high) he tried to make me look stupid in front of others and I couldn't take it anymore I yelled at him... Never hit him though, cause that's just wrong.

I don't think that weed was the case of getting him mad (people usually tend to be more calm/relaxed, once again idk how your boyfriend is). Try to figure out if you've been doing stuff that he wouldn't like and maybe HE was upset about something else, and when this little "album" thing came up he just freaked out..
Old 08-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #21  

+& If you are thinking of talking to him about quitting weed, that's not gunna happen. Just letting you know right now.. How old are you guys anyway? I'm 20
Old 08-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointless2011 View Post
Everyone seems so harsh.

Really? Switch the sexes and the poster's role.

If a woman were to come in here talking about how okay, she was high, but her boyfriend punched her, the discussion would be about spousal/partner abuse resources, battered women's shelters, police involvement, and restraining orders.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

If a woman were to come in here talking about how okay, she was high, but her boyfriend punched her, the discussion would be about spousal/partner abuse resources, battered women's shelters, police involvement, and restraining orders.
Truthfully, he would never lay his hands on me. It's not how he is.
Idc if he smokes, I was raised around it, I never picked it up, and he was raised like me-- so I know why he does.

I don't think people are being harsh.

Me hitting him was because I lost it. I usually show him the utmost respect in front of his friends, but I felt like it was a dream. I was soo livid.
He kept accusing me of other things because of this and I never done anything but show him respect.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #24  

Quote:
+& If you are thinking of talking to him about quitting weed, that's not gunna happen. Just letting you know right now.. How old are you guys anyway? I'm 20
when I got into the relationship, he was a steady smoker. I'm not going to try to change him. I knew what I was getting into. We are 19

Last edited by ChubbyCheeks; 08-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
I have a zero tolerance policy for liars. I don't care how small. I figure if someone is going to lie to me about something trivial, they'd definitely lie to me about something important. If I were him, I'd leave you. That sounds cold, but you lied, tried to blame him for calling you out, and then assaulted him. Domestic violence is domestic violence, no matter who hits who.
I didn't blame him for calling me out, I just wanted him to drop it because it was 3 years ago when I said I didn't like that particular rapper. I barely KNEW him at the time, and I don't lie about stupid ****, I'm with him all the time, how can I lie?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #26  
Pretty much a total champ

S/C/G: somewhere near 215/175/145

Height: 5'5"

The rest of the story became irrelevant when you punched your boyfriend.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #27  

Quote:

But it wasn't the case so let's just talk about her situation and not what could've happened.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #28  

Quote:
Everyone seems so harsh. I do know where your coming from, and I'm sure you hit him due to other tension that was building up in you. I had an ex boyfriend that smoked weed every day and when ever he didn't have it he would be rude and mean to me and I would just take it but one day(when he was high) he tried to make me look stupid in front of others and I couldn't take it anymore I yelled at him... Never hit him though, cause that's just wrong.

I don't think that weed was the case of getting him mad (people usually tend to be more calm/relaxed, once again idk how your boyfriend is). Try to figure out if you've been doing stuff that he wouldn't like and maybe HE was upset about something else, and when this little "album" thing came up he just freaked out..
He was mad because he said -his exact words- "I aint never trusted a b itch before you, and I don't need u lying to me"
His feelings were hurt about this insignificant lie, but I'm telling you, all his friends are hot and I don't even look at them. I'm so loyal to him.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 180 / 168 / 120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
But it wasn't the case so let's just talk about her situation and not what could've happened.
By you saying that we are being harsh about our reaction to her hitting him makes the role reversal comment relevant.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

when I was with my ex he would drop little white lies - kinda the same reason, maybe he didn't want to talk about something at the moment. eventually it got me to where I was never sure if he was telling the truth or not- so maybe that's what your boyfriend is thinking, one lie, could there be more? He might be wondering why didn't you just tell him you didn't want to listen to the album at that time. I'm not defending your boyfriend, just giving an example from the other side of things.

Last edited by ringmaster; 08-07-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Closed Thread