3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Here's a forbidden food I dream of (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/238721-heres-forbidden-food-i-dream.html)

tricon7 07-21-2011 09:41 AM

Here's a forbidden food I dream of

1 Attachment(s)
For example -->

m3rma1d 07-21-2011 09:47 AM

I had a dream about waffles last night, with drizzles of real maple syrup.
Weird, 'cos that's not really one of my "go to" naughty foods...
It was a nice dream, tho.

devnet 07-21-2011 10:07 AM

doughtnuts...I do miss them a fair bit, lol.

nina125 07-21-2011 11:26 AM

Personally, I dont consider anything as "forbidden food" because it will only make me crave it more.. So now I indulge in the food I like, but it usually stops with a bite or two.

My favorite indulgence is the french toast from Denny's, and if I feel like eating it, I make allowances by pairing it up with something low-cal like egg whites & turkey bacon.

ringmaster 07-23-2011 12:12 PM

I want fries with that sandwich, lol

berryblondeboys 07-23-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina125 (Post 3948659)
Personally, I dont consider anything as "forbidden food" because it will only make me crave it more.. So now I indulge in the food I like, but it usually stops with a bite or two.

My favorite indulgence is the french toast from Denny's, and if I feel like eating it, I make allowances by pairing it up with something low-cal like egg whites & turkey bacon.

That's easy enough to say if you don't have sugar issues or a carb addiction. I simply should not have bread, rice, simple sugars, period and neither can or should a lot of people on this site.

So, while I hate to use the word "forbidden", I do use the words "foods I should avoid".

Even if I didn't have sugar issues, I have learned that having them makes me crave them something fierce. So, having that bread or muffin will just make me want to eat MORE sweets. So, sometimes, for some people, you just have to say no... and deal with finding ways to deal with those cravings by not eating even a bite or two.

Lori Bell 07-24-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina125 (Post 3948659)

:D lol. That is probably why your starting weight is still within a normal BMI and some of us eat our way to super-morbidly obese. Some can have a bite or 2 and never get fat, some can have a bite or 2 and end up eating ourselves to oblivion. Different stokes for different folks. Anyway, who would spend the time making or the money buying a sandwich like that and take 2 bites and toss it. LOL ;)

BTW the sandwich would be much more awesome if those were bread size pieces of brownies and the bacon were heath candy bars, hamburger patties were apple fritters...Oh and ice cream slathered in place of the cheese. :)

Magrat 07-24-2011 05:40 PM

You might try making a reduced calorie version of what you're craving.

A fair approximation of the sandwich pictured could be made using reduced calorie bread, toasted, two slices of well cooked and drained turkey bacon and two slices fat free cheese ( I use Kraft which melts very well and doesn't taste fake or "diet"). Put a slice of cheese on a piece of toast, add one slice turkey bacon cut in half, add the other slice of cheese and the other piece of bacon, and nuke until the cheese melts (about 20 seconds on high).

Voila, a cheesy bacon sandwich for 200 calories, as opposed to probably 2000 calories in the sandwich in the picture.

Lori Bell 07-24-2011 06:09 PM

Magrat...hey did you know that regular bacon cooked crisp is better for you than turkey bacon? Turkey bacon has almost the same calories as regular pork bacon but double the sodium. (Birds needs more salt to make them taste more like pigs!) Anyway, I don't eat either of them, but just a little tidbit Dr. OZ talked about in one of his shows.