3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What an exciting day! Rode in the ambulance today.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/238574-what-exciting-day-rode-ambulance-today.html)

PBmama 07-20-2011 12:34 AM

What an exciting day! Rode in the ambulance today....

OMG What a DAY! It was one of those days where you keep saying that you should have called in sick and stayed in bed! I was dropping everything, bumping into things, and being unusually clumsy. Which for me is MAJOR! lol So I made it through the day at work, got all my tools off the boat, & cleaned up.

Then I noticed I had a voicemail and I needed to take something to our trouble desk on the boat. So I ran and grabbed the box and took it up there. Got everything squared away so it would be ready for work tomorrow morning. As I was leaving the office I went down 2 or 3 stairs where my foot found this little dip in the ground. Go figure. LOL Down I went with a pop and everyone around went OHHHHH. I swear it sounded like a TV show audience! lol I am SO glad that I work somewhere that camera's & video camera's are not allowed so it wont end up on youtube or america's funniest video's! :p

I was SO embarrassed I just wanted to get out of there. Some guys helped me up and I hobbled off the boat to get back to the hang out. Got my stuff and then hobbled UP the stairs to my bosses office. I was thinking oh I will just go and tell him that I will be taking the day off tomorrow. Yeah RIGHT! By the time I made it to his office I was in SO much pain & it was swollen to the size of a soft ball! He made tons of calls and it was a HUGE ordeal and the paramedics came, fire truck came. Everyone was there.

They took me to the ER and x rays show that it isn't broken but I have to go back in 10 days to take more to make sure the swelling isn't hiding a hairline fracture. I get a week off work to start and have to follow up with my normal dr as well as an orthopedic surgeon! :dizzy: They wrapped me up with tons of stuff and gave me crutches.

So the funny part of this is that I was joking with the EMT lady in the ambulance and told her that at least my toes were done! LOL I also noticed while I was in the ER waiting to be wrapped that my very swollen ankle looked a LOT like what my ankles USED to look like before losing the weight and just HOW much smaller my other ankle was. I asked my husband if I had lost all 27LBs from my ankle! LMAO :D

oh here is the picture of it after being wrapped!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._7134146_n.jpg

alaskanlaughter 07-20-2011 12:43 AM

:hug::hug: wowww you sure took a spill! ive done that to my ankles too a couple times and wow does it hurt! glad they took xrays and stuff...hope there's no fracture! take care of yourself :hug:

astrophe 07-20-2011 12:59 AM

Wow! Glad you are back home and hope you heal fast!

A.

Lovely 07-20-2011 07:06 AM

Oh my goodness!!! :hug: I wish you a speedy recovery!

sniperhil 07-20-2011 08:19 AM

What an embarassing and painful ordeal! I hope your ankle gets better soon. I hope it's not a fracture. I manage to do something like that to my ankle every 6 mos or so. :) Thank goodness my natural off-balance-ness is starting to correct itself with all the pilates I do! I used to fall all the time!

P.S.- You have got the CUTEST stubby little toes EVER!!!! :D

PBmama 07-20-2011 08:23 AM

Thank you all :)

I am really having difficulty sleeping as even with the percocet, muscle relaxer, and anti inflammatory meds I am still in a lot of pain. :( I am pretty bummed because I was supposed to go to the gym today with my bestie. Hopefully this doesnt set me back to much. Any suggestions on what I can do to keep from gaining weight back?

However I have realized just how lucky I was because at the time of my spill I had been carrying a small box with metal materials that I was going to be welding on to the boat. I could have easily impaled myself with some of the stuff. Thankfully the box went flying! :D

tdiprincess 07-20-2011 06:34 PM

WOW!! That's a pretty horrible day! I am so sorry!! But I like that you noticed the difference in your ankles LOL!!

I hope everything works out well for you!! :hug:

theCandEs 07-21-2011 01:08 AM

Oh, so sorry about your leg! On the bright side, your toes do look nice. I need to re-do mine.

PBmama 07-21-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdiprincess (Post 3947463)
WOW!! That's a pretty horrible day! I am so sorry!! But I like that you noticed the difference in your ankles LOL!!

I hope everything works out well for you!! :hug:

Thanks for the hug! :) I'm sure it will work out just fine.
My husband teased me that this was not the best way to compare before and afters on my ankles! LOL :D He is such a kidder. I just couldn't get over the difference!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCandEs (Post 3948003)
Oh, so sorry about your leg! On the bright side, your toes do look nice. I need to re-do mine.

Thanks! Me & My bestie had just gotten pedicures when we took my daughter out shopping for her 13th Birthday! Had this happened just 2 weeks ago.... :o LOL It sure was a nice treat! I am SO glad I had it done! :D

djs06 07-21-2011 10:36 AM

I giggled at your "sounded like a TV show audience." :lol: I'm glad you had such a sense of humor about it, but OUCH! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

PBmama 07-22-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniperhil (Post 3946211)
What an embarassing and painful ordeal! I hope your ankle gets better soon. I hope it's not a fracture. I manage to do something like that to my ankle every 6 mos or so. :) Thank goodness my natural off-balance-ness is starting to correct itself with all the pilates I do! I used to fall all the time!

P.S.- You have got the CUTEST stubby little toes EVER!!!! :D

I am really glad that your not falling as much anymore! :) TY I <3 my stubby little toes....its the fat foot that goes with it I dont like! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by djs06 (Post 3948526)
I giggled at your "sounded like a TV show audience." :lol: I'm glad you had such a sense of humor about it, but OUCH! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I have to have a sense of humor....Im a walking (not so much right now) disaster area! LOL I am suprised that I havent made it on America's Funniest or Youtube by now! ;)

Update copied from another post :D

Quote:

I went to the DR this afternoon and he said all that wrapping was unnecessary so I just have to wrap it in one ace bandage! :carrot: He also said for me to keep doing what I am doing with the elevation & ice. I will actually be able to FEEL the ice now that its not super wrapped up. LOL He also said that if there is a hairline fracture it looks like it would be in place and not off center or anything that we would really have to worry about. :D I am not allowed to go back to work for light duty until I can at least put a little weight on it. The Dr said I would know when I would be able to start trying to put weight on it. :?: Um ok. I go back next week Thursday for a follow up with him & then Friday I will be getting either an MRI or an X ray depending on what it is looking & feeling like on Thursday. I took some more pictures today but will have to post them tomorrow as my camera is in the living room. Poor hubby has been a slave. LOL He is a real gem though and been taking really good care of me.

PBmama 07-22-2011 02:42 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._3109687_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1_259662_n.jpg

Here are the pictures of it without the wrap! Still pretty swollen.

ZebraBri 07-22-2011 06:21 PM

Glad you are okay :] I love how you manage to be positive, I would have still been down on myself xD You seem to have an optimistic outlook on things :D

snorkelmom 07-25-2011 04:08 AM

Ouchie! I turned my ankle while walking backwards talking to my girls a few weeks ago! Fell on my butt, but luckily I didn't do any real damage to my ankle, just my pride!

ticklemepink 07-26-2011 04:36 PM

Woa....you did take quite a fall! I hope your foot heals fast :hug: