Gustatory rhinitis is the bane of my existance

• For as long as I can remember my nose will run while I eat. Doesn't matter hot or cold, spicey or bland. I can eat with my head back and still it will run. It seems to be getting worse as I get older.
    I have never met anyone else who has it. I take tissue everywhere as I don't like to share my napkin/mouth with my nose. Some days it's so bad that I think it's a bloody nose until I see my tissue.
    I'm wondering do any of you have it?
  • It runs in my family (whether it's genetic or not, I don't know, but quite a few people in my family deal with it). Mine isn't terribly bad but it's there, and just like you it doesn't really matter what I'm eating.

My grandfather was a great man, and very much the family patriarch. He died about a year ago, and in when that side of the family gathered to remember him and tell stories, we all laughed remembering how Grandpa couldn't eat without a handkerchief in his hand to catch his "nose drips." It was a sweet memory. Of course, it's less sweet when it's actually happening to you!