Ideas...

• My little sister is 12 1/2 and she's starting middle school in a few weeks.
    I want to do something sweet for her like gift her a small gift basket or just a gift, something along those lines!
    It's not been too terribly long since I was that age but I'm at a loss of what Kinds of things to get and such!

Ideas? Suggestions?
  • I have a sister who is 7 years older than me, and I absolutely loved getting gifts from her. (I still do, she knows what I like.)

Mix tapes were fun, but clothes were great! Like a shirt or something would've rocked my world at that age. ESPECIALLY if we got to go to the mall together and pick it out.
  • How about a magazine. Or a wallet. Thats all I got. lol.
  • I don't have a sister (wish I did), but I would imagine going out for mani/pedi together would be fun! Or, how about a facial? Those are fun! itunes gift cards are often appreciated by just about any age group.
  • My daughter is almost 12 and she recently has gotten into body sprays from Bath and Body Works. I bought her several of the smaller ones so that she could have a variety of scents. They also have little hand sanitizers that they can take to school.
    She also loves mechanical pencils that are her favorite color (purple).
    Does she like to read? A book store gift card, maybe? Crafts? Music?
    Maybe just go out for a movie?
  • Get her some little startup makeup kits and anything Justin Bieber, I'm sure every girl that age would love that! LOL
  • I got my older daughter a necklace and I'm glad you posted this, cause I need to go get my other daughter a necklace this summer too!! (She's had a different transition to 'middle school' than the older one, but it's time to celebrate going into 6th grade, baby!)
  • Some cool pens and a journal/diary might be a good idea.
  • Some funky nail polish!
  • Thanks so much for all the great ideas!!!
  • My boss's daughter is 11. does she like art? a cute notebook and art supplies (colored pencils and those cute Japanese erasers).

A fun tee shirt: She likes these too http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/

the ugly dolls and domo are popular with her and her friends too.

I get 1 year can make a big difference at that age, ha, so you'd know best.