3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   BF and missing food (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/237510-bf-missing-food.html)

fitness4life 07-07-2011 04:44 PM

BF and missing food

I have posted before that my bf complains a lot that he needs to lose fat. This is part of all that.

Recently, I discovered empty cookie boxes in the pantry. It is a usual occurance. My 4 kids have no idea that they need to throw the empties in the garbage and not back into the pantry.:mad: inspite of my nagging for them to do so.

So weekly, I clean the pantry out when the kids are at their dad's.

The day after I cleaned out the pantry, my BF slept over. The next day, there were 2 empty cookie boxes. My kids were at their dad's.

I work early so I go to sleep early. My bf does not. He could easily snarf while I sleep.

I think he binged the cookies.

What would you do? Currently, I have no plan to mention a thing.

Coondocks 07-07-2011 05:15 PM

the only thing i would mention would be the same you do with your kids. Don't put empty containers back in the pantry. I don't know if he's at all the sensitive type or will take it another way, but that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, no matter who does it. Cant stand it.

Sunshine87 07-07-2011 05:32 PM

Is it the fact that he is leaving empty boxes in the cabinet that bothers you or the fact that he is bingeing on cookies?

ddc 07-07-2011 09:00 PM

Are you thinking of saying something because he ate the cookies?
I know if my hubby says something about me binging on something, it just pisses me off.

Lovely 07-07-2011 09:34 PM

"Hey, buddy. When you empty a container you throw it away. Don't leave me to find it later. *wink and slap on behind*" That's what I'd do to my husband.

I do not understand people who put empty containers back in the cabinets... it almost takes MORE effort to close up the container and put it back on the shelf than it does to walk over and drop it in the garbage. :dizzy:

fitness4life 07-08-2011 05:37 AM

Yes the empty container bothers me, but that's not what bothers me most.

Not because he ate the cookies, either, but because he lies to me and others that he has kicked his sugar habit. I mean, he actually did lose 10 lbs, but he certainly hasn't kicked his habit.

I don't even care about the sugar habit. I care about the lying.

RawrDinosaur 07-08-2011 08:58 AM

I would mention to him, as others said, that you don't want him putting the empty cartons back in the pantry. I would say something like:

"I just cleaned out this pantry before you came over, and you left 2 empty cookie boxes in there. Could you please throw away the boxes, rather than leaving them in the pantry? I'd like things to stay clean."

Not only would he know not to do that, but he will know that you know about his habit(and the lying), without having to directly confront that aspect of the problem. It may be enough to stave it off in the future. At your house, anyway. The lying is definitely a deeper problem. I personally would confront him directly about it, but if you aren't prepared to do that, this may be your best option.

Coondocks 07-08-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitness4life (Post 3926087)
Yes the empty container bothers me, but that's not what bothers me most.

Not because he ate the cookies, either, but because he lies to me and others that he has kicked his sugar habit. I mean, he actually did lose 10 lbs, but he certainly hasn't kicked his habit.

I don't even care about the sugar habit. I care about the lying.

I would imagine he's a bit embarassed by the fact that he has lied about it, it's not like he's unaware that he said he kicked it and then ate 2 boxes of cookies.
It almost seems like he wanted you to find the empty boxes so his "lie would be outted" with out him actually having to say it himself and face the embarassement.
Just a thought.

zoodoo613 07-08-2011 09:15 AM

You know you can't change his eating habits. Nag him about the empties, and it puts him on alert. Next time he brags about kicking the sugar habit, call him on it if you want. But it's not like he's betrayed your trust by eating cookies and I can't see making a huge deal about it getting you or him anywhere.

MablesGirl 07-08-2011 09:21 AM

I would just ask him to please throw the empty boxes away. More than likely he was hoping that you wouldn't see them until your kids came home and you would think they did it. When I open the freezer to empty ice trays, I go and (lightly) hit my husband on the arm with the empty ice tray before I go fill it up. Doesn't help, but at least it makes me smile instead of get angry. And, thank goodness, he doesn't use ice very often!

bargoo 07-08-2011 09:27 AM

Why do you have cookies in the house ? Cookies are not good for you, your BF or the kids.

fitness4life 07-08-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 3926332)
Why do you have cookies in the house ? Cookies are not good for you, your BF or the kids.

I LOVE this reply! LOL! To answer the Q, as much as cookies may not be the best food for you, I do want to raise my kids with temptations and emphasizing a healthy attitude towards "bad" foods.

Cookies are good for the soul. Having one or two every couple of days is not going to kill anyone. THAT'S what I want my kids to learn - moderation.

I teach by example. I watch what I eat, I talk about the balanced nutrition of our meals (and sometimes the lack of balance), and I exercise - and not just going to the gym. If we want to go play miniature golf, we ride our bikes there, never drive, etc. This includes how to have a bad snack in a healthy way, KWIM?

As far as how to handle the sugar-daddy...I think mentioning in a polite way that there are empty cartons in the pantry that I don't like throwing away takes care of the outing of the lying.

I lived in a horrible marriage where this sort of thing would be thrown in the other's face - often at inopportune, embarrassing moments in front of friends - I never want to throw his lying in his face. Obviously, there is something deeper going on. After 16 months of dating, we're at a point of either not going deeper or getting deeper and trusting one another with our deamons.

It's hard to take the first step. I think he'd rather keep things simple.

But what do I want? I think a little deeper. Maybe it's a guy/girl thing.

FrouFrou 07-09-2011 01:04 PM

I think there are bigger issues to worry about than him eating cookies and lying about it...who cares if he eats cookies, seriously? But I would say something about putting the empty package back...if you eat it all, drink it all, etc...throw the container away simple as that.

Too, I am with Bargoo...why do you have cookies in the house? My mother used to make me feel like I was a bad mother because I didn't have chips, cookies ad other junk in the house for the kids. When she would come over she would bring them candy and say something smart in her tone about since your mother won't let you have candy...like they were being deprived, lol, like they needed it.