3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Constipation , what a difference it makes !!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/237408-constipation-what-difference-makes.html)

lucky8 07-06-2011 02:15 PM

Constipation , what a difference it makes !!!

At my ww meeting yesturday i stayed the same , however i hadnt been to loo in about 3 days and felt heavy.

Anyway after going :o

I gets weighed today and im 4lbs lighter hahaha which is good but so wish it hada been meeting day as my weightloss has been slow past few weeks, just goes to show you can still be losing fat but if you body wants to hold on its gona show on the scales :D

caramelkitty 07-06-2011 02:21 PM

Well I've been constipated ever since I started my diet in March. I don't think I've had any normal bowel movements that didnt require stool softeners or magnesium citrate.

I dont like this feeling at all :(

nina125 07-06-2011 02:26 PM

You guys been drinking enough water? I always get constipated if I dont drink enough water... especially if my fiber intake is high for the day.

jillnicole03 07-06-2011 02:27 PM

If I ever need some help in that department, I eat some bean soup, or chili, anything beans and magic. :)

lucky8 07-06-2011 02:27 PM

Deff think more water helps so im trying to be more active and drink more to avoid it happening again x

Chubbykins 07-08-2011 05:53 AM

Leafy vegetables (at least two hands full), 2 litres of water every day (more if you sweat a lot) and excersize.

My intestine works like a clock thanks to those daily little things.

gsb126 07-08-2011 10:48 AM

I've had that problem, too. I suspect I actually have IBS, although I've never been diagnosed. It most definitely makes a difference on the scale. I got some Super Dieter's Tea, which has senna, and that helps a lot.

pointspluspioneer 07-08-2011 10:56 AM

I've had issues since i started WW, even had to have hernia surgery :( i'm on pro biotic daily, stool softener, you name it. I'm so uncomfortable and irritable!!!

Bellamack 07-08-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsb126 (Post 3926477)
I've had that problem, too. I suspect I actually have IBS, although I've never been diagnosed. It most definitely makes a difference on the scale. I got some Super Dieter's Tea, which has senna, and that helps a lot.

I (knock on wood) can count on one hand my entire life that I have had the big "C", so feel very lucky. I do however, if I feel a little backed-up brew my tea ( I use loose teas) and add 1/4 teaspoon of senna and it takes care of it within a couple of hours with no side effects. I didn't realize the dieters tea had it in it, but you can buy a very small amount in the bulk teas and it will last for a very long time.

I always gave my daughter when she was little a prune or a small cup of prune juice and it worked well. Beans just seem to add gas and no movement.

kiahna23 07-08-2011 11:12 AM

I have IBS with constipation. If It doesnt make me constipated it makes me bloat. I take smooth moove laxative tea EVERYDAY. But Im also taking fiber and weaning off the tea slowly. I cant lose weight if Im not pooping. Which sucks.

booskibabe 07-08-2011 12:11 PM

I've dealt with constipation since I was a child, and recently I've found that drinking a big mug of hot coffee works like a charm. Yogurt, fiber, water... nothing else got things moving like coffee does. Good luck!