3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   pool party for adults? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/236031-pool-party-adults.html)

sacal96 06-20-2011 01:38 AM

pool party for adults?

So for my Mom's Birthday this year I am wanting to do a pool party. She has a great outdoor space with an above ground pool and attached deck, and then a screened in porch off of the house, but she never uses it to entertain!

So her birthday is at the beginning of August and I could really use some party ideas!

I don't want to do anything like a "luau" party. I would like for it to be pretty classy (she will be in her late 40s). I saw an idea for an all white party, but I feel like that may put to much on guests... I know I don't have a white bathing suit.. What do yall think about it?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
:]]

Lovely 06-20-2011 01:49 AM

I love the idea of an adult pool party!

You can keep it classy by not doing a theme at all.

Or rather, you can keep it an all white color party in how you decorate and not by what the guests choose to wear... using white candles, white fabrics (not near the candles of course!), white table cloths and utensils.

The food can also be made "classy" instead of the typical cookout food. Instead of burgers and hot dogs... think kabobs, and lots of finger foods. You can even get plastic champagne glasses and things to keep it inexpensive, but still adult and classy.

Porthardygurl 06-20-2011 08:47 AM

Why dont you do a red theme? After red red wine? Ever heard that song? Its an oldie.. Red is classy and sassy and fun

saef 06-20-2011 09:02 AM

Just as an aside, white bathing suits can be hard to wear because of the transparency issue when they get wet. You want a really well-made, well-lined one.

ETA: That is, unless you really, really want an Mature Adults Only pool party. ;-)

astrophe 06-20-2011 09:35 AM

It doesn't really need a theme, but I like the all white decor thing with "upgraded" food from the usual cook out stuff sounds good. Big band music or something "grand" like that would be nice too.

Not so much what the guests wear though - white bathing suits are a drag.

A.

sacal96 06-20-2011 09:56 AM

Yeah I think I'll stick to just the white decor! I'm going to the beach in a couple weeks so I think I will bring home a few buckets of sand and shells to do centerpieces. I think the sand with the all white would look good? Maybe haha!

And Lovely that's an awesome idea! I just looked up and found these super cute Kabobs! http://www.celebrations.com/content/smore-kabobs
How cute are those and they look so good! Also found some good ones for chicken kabobs! I think that will be great!! Thanks for the idea!

Haha thats a good idea too porthardy! We will definitely be serving red wine ;] haha! But yes that was one of my mom's favs lol.

LOL @ saef. haha I don't think that would go over to well ;] lolol.

And Astrophe I looove Big Band music! I need to make a playlist!

CrystalZ10 06-20-2011 11:13 AM

Maybe black and white? Black bathing suits, so there is no see through issues, and casual black attire for outside the pool, with all white backdrop as someone else mentioned?

sacal96 06-20-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalZ10 (Post 3898966)
Maybe black and white? Black bathing suits, so there is no see through issues, and casual black attire for outside the pool, with all white backdrop as someone else mentioned?

I like that idea but would it be to blah for a pool party? I know people are used to like wild bright colors for this kind of party and I don't want them to think its boring :// but I think it would look good.. and I bet a lot more people would have a black bathing suit.. I know Mom and I do.. haha!

Gale02 06-20-2011 11:40 AM

I don't think you should require someone to spend $50-$150 on a bathing suit in the "correct" color to attend the party. I agree that you should keep the theme to the decorations, food and music, etc. and let people wear what they're comfortable in!

sacal96 06-20-2011 12:13 PM

Yeah I think I will just keep the color to the decorations.. I don't want someone to feel put off or like they can't attend because they don't want to wear something. Plus I would like it to be a pretty relaxed atmosphere and I think that would just ruin that haha!