3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Birth Control and Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/235999-birth-control-weight-loss.html)

Doomcookie05 06-19-2011 05:23 PM

Birth Control and Weight Loss

Has anyone here lost weight after going off thier birth control? I just went off mine and was curious if you lost any weight or found it easier to lose weight after going off it.

ryeb 06-19-2011 05:42 PM

I have gained on some and lost on others. I think it really depends on how much of a hormone you were on. The tricky thing with b/c is it is tricking your body to think you are pregnant, that is why some women are prone to weight gain while on it. However, coming off it, your hormones need to stabilize out again, making it a risk.

I guess the biggest issue I would be worried about gaining is if I got knocked up lol :)

Doomcookie05 06-19-2011 06:02 PM

I can see where that would be a worry. But my husband is infertile and we have figured that there is no sense pumping myself with hormones for no reason. And we are using alternate protection in case he gets a live one.

kimicat76 06-19-2011 06:45 PM

be careful with that infertile thing. we thought my husband was too. doc told him when he was younger he couldnt have kids because of a defect in his scrotum. low and behold i got pregnant within 2 months. ;) typically i lose a bit of weight when i get off of birth control

ryeb 06-19-2011 09:21 PM

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get personal about the pregnancy thing, I was more or less joking about myself.

aliquot 06-20-2011 01:15 AM

I lost like 7 pounds in 3 days after I stopped my b/c, but probably water weight, of course. I didn't notice it being any easier or harder to lose weight with or without the pill, though.

Doomcookie05 06-20-2011 01:36 PM

It's all good ryeb =) Thank you all for your input. I'm hoping it will help me lose a little.

Nekomania 06-20-2011 04:12 PM

I've been wondering this too.

My fiance and I haven't used any type of protection in so long. Luckily we haven't had any happy accidents.

I've been considering going back on the pill but I'm afraid of gaining MORE weight while on it..

keller237 06-20-2011 07:48 PM

It all depends on the kind and the pill.

I'm currently on Sprintec. It's a "regular" dosage pill. I've been on and off it several times, due to pregnancy, hormones, and just being single and not wanting to take it.

You lose a lot of water weight after you go off of it, but your actual weight will regulate within the week.

Going on it, you need a good diet and exercise plan or you will gain weight. I've heard the depo shot is the worse because of how much hormones in it.

It just depends upon how your girls' bodies react!

krampus 06-21-2011 02:02 AM

I had little to no physiological change going on or off triphasic BC...perhaps my appetite diminished a miniscule amount. The biggest changes were mental and emotional - I went from being a moody frigid party pooper to, well, being a normal human. Libido went from subzero arctic chill to about normal.

txladymedic 06-21-2011 03:27 AM

I have been on birth control for ever and ever and I don't notice a difference on or off of it.

konfyoozed 06-23-2011 12:21 AM

the doc gave me yasmin due to PCOS and it actually helped me lose weight... but that could be because it put a hormone in my system that my body didn't naturally produce enough of.