General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #106  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Effie, aside from being slimmer, taller, and younger, I think you're my twin.

I completely agree with your list and would copy it verbatim if someone asked me what got under my skin.

And to stay on topic and list an Annoying Thing of my own:

People who treat the locker room at the gym/pool as though no one else has to share it. I'm looking at YOU, mommy who changes a poopy diaper on the nice wooden bench in the carpeted changing area rather than on the counter provided for that purpose near the bathroom stalls. Also at YOU, jerk who leaves a 98% empty water bottle on the counter when there is a trash receptacle right there. As for YOU, person who takes up 14 feet of a 16-foot counter to unpack her immense duffel bag of lotions, sprays, creams and sunscreens so she can spend 15 minutes basking, leave some space for the rest of us!

And I'm sorry...I'm going to catch some flak for this one, I'm sure, but...it bugs me that the dressing rooms aren't Women and Men, but Women/Children and Men. Can't Dad ever take the kids over on his side? My husband reports that the men's locker room/changing room has a TV and smells faintly of chlorinated water. On my side, there's no TV and everything smells of kiddie pee. (It smelled like vomit one day last week after a kid went swimming too soon after eating, so I guess I shouldn't complain about pee.)

I don't hate kids, but man, I wish I didn't have to smell the liquids and solids they've off-loaded inappropriately. Share the wealth, guys, and take the little 'uns on that side of the fence sometimes.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Nola_Celeste, AND we live in the same city!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #108  

When people mispronounce Library...
Don't say: libary
Do say: library
anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #109  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My NEW energy/water saving washing machine....

I have to was my drywall cloths 2-3 times just to get them clean...

where is the savings in that?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #110  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie12 View Post
Nola_Celeste, AND we live in the same city!
Ha, I had no idea! That's terribly cool.

Then I guess I can add some more to the list and you'll know what I'm talking about:

- Ratzafrackin' Applebee's customers need to stop taking up valuable Barnes & Noble parking spaces!

- Why oh WHY are there no left turns on Tulane Avenue!?

- Yes, Bourbon Street's shut off to traffic much of the time--but that doesn't mean the cross streets are too and that no one ever needs to look as they're walking along the street!

- Why won't someone take pity on us and remove Deke Bellavia from Sports Talk? Bobby Hebert can stay because I could listen to his accent all day.

- The number one thing that's annoying me right now: the NFL lockout. C'mon, we finally get the kind of team that could actually be a perennial contender like the 49ers and the Rams were when they were in our division and there might not be a season? Drew Brees's arm shouldn't have to wait.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

I have quite a few piercings and tattoos. So these two annoyances will be based on my experiences with those attributes:

1. People who GRAB me, and touch me, asking about my tattoo(s). Seriously?! How freaking rude can you be? I don't want your greasy paws all over me. Ask a question like a normal person. I don't grab a fistful of your hair and ask you where you get your color done. I had a lady literally grab me, stop me in my tracks, asking me about my half sleeve. I wanted to smack her.

2. People who ask, "Did that piercing/tattoo hurt?"... NOOOOO. It tickled! Lol. Gets me every time. Here's your sign!
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinouille View Post
I have quite a few piercings and tattoos. So these two annoyances will be based on my experiences with those attributes:

1. People who GRAB me, and touch me, asking about my tattoo(s). Seriously?! How freaking rude can you be? I don't want your greasy paws all over me. Ask a question like a normal person. I don't grab a fistful of your hair and ask you where you get your color done. I had a lady literally grab me, stop me in my tracks, asking me about my half sleeve. I wanted to smack her.
I have locks so I completely feel your pain with this. I've literally had to dodge people who have one hand out to grab while saying "Wow, your hair looks cool! Can I touch it?" No, you may NOT, you creepy stranger you! For all I know, you may have gone to the bathroom and not washed your hands 5 minutes before seeing me on the street and deciding that you "have to have a touch" because the texture is "so neat and different." UGH.

It absolutely slays me when people get insulted when you call them out on their lack of boundaries!
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Fire bans =/

I saw where someone said about tipping, I don't think I should be required to tip 20% on a large bill when the service was HORRIBLE. I have served tables, so I know what kind of work it involves. So don't expect to get a $16
tip on an 80 dollar tab if you were horrible with serving me, especially if the place was slow.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #114  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

here are a few for me:

having to put a coin in a shopping cart
smoking
lateness (it's rude!)
people who say excuse me as they cut in front of you...what they really meant was 'move it' I guess.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #115  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

People who text/talk on a cell while ordering something or paying for a purchase. Seriously, I hope your device suddenly catches fire...that's rude.

"Entitled" (re: spoiled rotten) people. I hate that attitude. It's childish.

Cramps
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #116  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

when people don't listen

finding faults in myself...hmmm

idiotic drivers especially those who don't yield to pedestrians, GRRR

the smell of cigarettes-yuk

people at my work- know at alls and those who intimidate others (back off!)
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #117  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmin2043 View Post
People who say "oh I can't run/not eat sugar/lose weight/eat better" when what they really mean is "I don't want to".
#2 is me right now & can I say AMEN! I know I CAN... just need to get past wanting it bad enough.. & I will!! Awesome stuff!!
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #118  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Getting up at 6 am to walk, ugh, lol
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #119  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Anyone who treats motorcycles/mopeds/scooters like they don't have the same traffic rights as any other vehicle.

You may NOT pass me if we're in a single-lane road with a double yellow line down the middle.

Yes, I do get right-of-way at stop signs if I was there first.

You MUST completely pass into the next lane if you want to pass me -- not pass only halfway out of the lane because you think you won't hit me. You could, and while that may result in just a few dings on your precious SUV, that minor accident could be my death.

All of my other peeves are tied up in my most recent ex-roommate. She had numerous delightful qualities I'm sure I'll be recalling for years to come:

In the first week we lived together, she sent me angry text messages while I was on a date.

She put post-it notes on our thermostat reading, "Thermostat should not be lower than 78 degrees! It is NOT necessary!" I turned it around and drew a rude picture on the back, then sat her down when she returned from class and had a serious talk about what temperature we should keep our apartment. You know, face-to-face, instead of childish note passing.

She sent me a series of angry text messages while I was in my bedroom, and she was upstairs, at four a.m. WHAT.

These angry text messages were generally about cleaning the house. And each time I sat her down and said, look: it isn't my stuff that's cluttering up the common spaces. It's your books, your arts and crafts materials. It's your dust from sanding on the hardwood floor, your paint on the walls. I'm not going to clean underneath your things. Move them, and then we'll talk.

She claims to hate passive aggression.

Um.

Sure.

The straw that broke the camel's back came about a week after we'd all agreed to buy our groceries from there on in. (I'd been paying out of pocket for everyone's groceries, and our third roommate hadn't paid me back in five months. Still hasn't. She owes me $200, and I've moved out. No idea how I'm going to get that money.)

Anyhow, so we all agreed to buy our own groceries, and I came back from a weekend out of town to find some of my clearly labelled food eaten. (With most of my earlier roommates, we'd initialed our own food because we often bought the same things and kept them in the same places. Seemed sensible to continue in this house, because most of the groceries in the house were technically "shared"--even though I'd bought them--and I thought it'd be fine to let everyone know whose groceries were whose so there weren't any mix-ups.) After saying to both my roommates, "hey, please don't eat my food," the serial texter had the audacity to behave as if I was the one who had done something wrong. She called my initialed groceries my "preciously labelled horde," said the amount she'd eaten was so minimal that it should be negligible, and then brought up some completely unrelated item she claimed to have bought for herself and that everyone had apparently used.

Here, I lost my patience. WE agreed to buy our own groceries. YOU decided that you were going to eat some of mine. And, then, you have the nerve to behave as though I'm the one who's been unreasonable, who's done something wrong?

After this conversation, I found a sub-letter and moved back in with my parents until my new lease begins.

Anything's better than that BS.

Last edited by bopbot; 07-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #120  
ugggg.....

watching motorcycle races having a great time...when two slightly drunk guys sit right behind us when there are PLENTY of seats around and one puts his dirty stinky yes stinky feet on the back of the seat right beside my husband...ewwww

most of the things I find annoying are traffic related but have already been mentioned

work related-people who take credit for other peoples work... when you are sick please dont complain about how sick you are and stay and get others sick while patting yourself on the back that you never use your sick time.....bosses (who are never in their office) of already overworked downsized staff who are already stressed who want those workers to account for every moment for a report to his boss....if you stayed in the dept you wouldnt need us to write a report

smokers who flick their butts EVERYWHERE but an ashtray including out the car window or the ones that do use their ashtrays but dump their full ashtrays in parking lots of stores that have trash cans within a few feet...

Last edited by jules1216; 07-05-2011 at 05:01 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote