Things that Annoy you

You're on Page 3 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: Ok here goes:

*People who make racist, gender biased, gay bashing jokes.
    I hate that too. It is not only awkward to be around the person after that, it is also awkward having to say, "Those type of comments really hurt me; I would appreciate if you would please not say things like that around me". They usually get really upset.
  • Thanks fatferretfanatic, I was around someone who made a joke about lesbians. I was really offended. My sister that I love dearly is a lesbian. I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't have the courage to say "those kind of comments hurt me", I just said that's not funny and walked away.

Have a good day!
  • Quote: Thanks fatferretfanatic, I was around someone who made a joke about lesbians. I was really offended. My sister that I love dearly is a lesbian. I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't have the courage to say "those kind of comments hurt me", I just said that's not funny and walked away.

Have a good day!
    Congrats on saying what you did, many people don't and just go along when they hear things they find offensive.

I was feeling annoyed and glad I found this thread
    I have been annoyed for a while by someone on another special interest site (having to do with music). This person always makes people's threads about her, hijacking them, and I find it disgusting, I try not to read he comments, but there are times someone will post a great question asking for information etc, and I skip this woman's post, but in reading further, realize that the subject has been changed. This is a violinist's site, she is one of the many "returning" in her golden years with delusions of becoming a soloist and is quite arrogant, today someone posted a great vid of a young girl, very accomplished, someone born to play the violin, and this self absorbed woman had to post a whiny "if only" comment about herself.
  • People that talk at the movies.

This makes me borderline homicidal.
  • Quote: People that talk at the movies.

This makes me borderline homicidal.
    This makes me want to pull my hair out. I love sitting around someone who likes to provide a running commentary. "But she's not in there! Why are you looking there! He is going to jump out of the car - just wait. But she doesn't LOVE him!"

GAH!

Then there's my favorite- people who talk on cell phones and drive. No, you are not the one person on earth who can talk and drive and not look like an idiot. Young, old, male, female... it doesn't matter. You suck at talking on your cell and driving. Special recognition to those that are doing more than driving down a desolate highway while on the phone, such as pulling out of parking spots, navigating traffic jams, and parallel parking.
  • Old people driving RV's!! Seriously, it is a house on wheels, they need to have a CDL or something!

Text talk makes me irrate!!

Inmates! Somedays, I really hate my job.
  • bad cell phone service!! see my post for my rant...

rude people like one of my new co-workers.

people who are late or very early
  • Quote: people who arevery early

I can't stand when people are so early either, because then I feel rushed.
  • People who feel they need to be the politically-correct-police. UGH!!!!! I try to just make fun of all groups equally, isn't that politically correct enough?

People who call me "Ann". My name is Ann-Marie, not Ann. Even my whole family calls me Ann and it makes me wanna choke them out!

People who insist, "But I love you the way you ARE!" and almost insisting I don't/shouldn't be trying to lose weight when I am clearly trying so hard to. One friend in particular DOES. NOT. STOP. SAYING. IT. Why am I not allowed to get to a place where *I* can love myself the way I am (like 70 pounds lighter)

When people comment on my tattoos. Now, I normally try to just keep them covered with long sleeves and pants, but when I'm working out or if it's EXTREMELY hot out, I may need to wear short sleeves & shorts. And then I hear "Nice ink" or some dopey comment.. FYI: I HATE MY TATTOOS. I was young and stupid when I got them and I wish I'd NEVER gotten any of them. Sure, they can't know that ahead of time, but even after I explain it to some people they give me the "Oh, but they're pretty" crap... Well, they'd be prettier if they had stayed on paper and weren't all over my body.

Misuse of apostrophe's.

I have many things that annoy me, so I may come back & post more.
  • I can't stand my roommate! I eat all my meals in my room b/c she is a couch potato and eats and sleeps in the living room despite having her own room! She is a MESSY MESSY girl. I want to another place to live.
  • People that take their sweet a$$ time crossing in a crosswalk.....texting or gabbing on their cell phones!

I don't mind so much people answering their cell phones sitting next to me at an airport or someplace else...but I HATE-HATE them making a call right next to me....

I find that if I pretend to be the other line and answer the questions they are asking on my own pretend phone...they find me "rude" and leave...leaving me to quietly read my paper.....
  • Quote: PEOPLE WHO FOLD PAPER! Ugggggghhhh! I absolute HATE that noise. It makes my skin crawl. But if I tell people then they think it's funny to do it even more
    People do this when you tell them you don't like gum noises, too. Oh, the joy of people. It's not funny; it just makes me want to punch people.

Another shout out to the smokers: Please think twice about throwing your butts from a moving car. I'm tired of trying to swerve in order to avoid your flaming cancer stick.
  • This one is kind of lame, but I get annoyed when people are like "I am being healthy, I will have a salad" but then get the fried chicken on it and smother it in ranch dressing.

I get annoyed with the protestors outside of Planned Parenthoods. First off, the one in my town does not perform the procedures they are protesting, second off, since when is a place bad for promoting healthy female health? I get annoyed with it. I want to go over there with my son and have him raise a sign that says "Planned Parenthood SAVED my mother's life"
  • Quote: Thanks fatferretfanatic, I was around someone who made a joke about lesbians. I was really offended. My sister that I love dearly is a lesbian. I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't have the courage to say "those kind of comments hurt me", I just said that's not funny and walked away.

Have a good day!
    Don't feel guilty, you said something and took a stand. That is something to be respected. You are a very brave soul.
  • I have many gripes, where do I start?!

A.) Entitlement complexes. This is a social disease affecting the U.S./western countries way more than Japan/East Asia, though some people here do it too. I'd define it as a condition where person X thinks he/she is too good for the lot he/she has been given in life and refuses to take any blame or responsibility for anything bad that may happen. You all know this as the coworker that moans and moans about how X company, X person, X diet has wronged him/her. People who do a sloppy job at work saying "They don't pay me enough for this" or "This isn't my passion so I'm not going to try at all." People who steal or break laws or cheat other people because they were told as kids that they were "special" too often.

B.) Rude customers. I have worked in service/retail before, but even if I hadn't, it would never occur to me to think that yelling at a store clerk or waitress or flight attendant or auto mechanic would get me what I wanted more effectively than being civil. I'm not even talking about being saccharine-sweet or too nice. Just "not yelling" and "not insulting the person performing the service" are fine, but it would seem some people can't handle that. I think I have a special pet hate for uppity airline passengers, who fit column A and B with equal awfulness. You're just a brick in the wall, slugger - why do you think you get to talk on your cell phone after the "turn off your cell phone" announcement has been made, or bring a too-big bag on as carry-on?

C.) Moral hypocrites. People with strong convictions/beliefs that act in a way that does not behoove said convictions/beliefs. From violent Quakers to proselytizing atheists, all of these people are miserable sh!tstains on the pants of those who actually practice what they preach.

D.) Mouth/face noisiness. Japanese people are a little worse about this than Americans, I've noticed - slurping spaghetti loudly, talking with a mouth full of food, smacking, making all manners of gross noises while eating. Since so many men smoke, it's a nonstop symphony of hacking phlegm and a choir of pre-cancerous coughs. And while the offensive sound of noses being blown is a non-issue due to the belief that it's rude to blow your nose in public, you can count on listening to snot get sucked in and out of the oral-nasal area constantly as no one ever voids their excess mucus. Delightful!

E.) Having to listen to music I dislike. I know 99% of people believe they have superior music taste and I'm just one in a million, but I can't handle listening to bad music. Not even "bad" - mediocre is awful too. I'm borderline Aspergers about this - if music is on, I have to have some say in what's playing or at least agree to listen to it.

F.) People who make closeted sincere racist remarks and try to cover it up. Sadly I have dealt with this a lot, even among friends. They'll make some blanket statement about X group and then quickly try to justify it or clear their names, but the damage has been done and I already have lost a ton of respect for them. Everyone has their beliefs but I think if you're going to think dumb unfounded garbage about X group, you might as well be upfront about it and wear your Klan hood - defending wrong and stupid opinions cannot be done!