General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #16  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm a little addicted to make-up and anti-aging creams. A CVS just opened up around the corner and I'm always finding a reason to go browse their beauty section. Yesterday, I got a new mascara, lip gloss, and some new eye shadow brushes. I did force myself not to buy any brown eye shadows. I swear I'm in need of a brown eye-shadow intervention.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #17  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I am addicted to Amazon! It's really crazy but I just want to go on there and buy, buy, buy! Does that count?

By the way, I love the Geekery section on etsy!

Last edited by luckymommy; 06-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #18  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Coffee is my addiction, unless you count that as a "food" type addiction. I somehow how can't function without it. I'm also a little addicted to games...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #19  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
Haha Krampus me too. 17 countries in the past 5 years. I only take jobs that require international travel and my boyfriend and I pretty much only buy each other plane tickets for gifts
What do you do?

My addiction? I'm relatively new to quilting. I keep telling people that it is an addiction. It is no cheaper than a drug addiction but it is legal and doesn't mess up your body other than a back or shoulder ache because you don't want to move from the sewing machine. Or when you are cutting all that fabric.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #20  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

My addictions are coffee and diet dr pepper, pall mall menthols, and trashy tabloid type magazines. LOL that sounds horrible.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Shoes, I can't count how many pairs of shoes I have and like kaplods I get stuck on certain things, when I first made goal I went out and bought lots, and I mean lots, of Bermudas and Capris as I wouldn't wear them when I was obese. When I was obese, since I couldn't buy attractive clothes I got on the bathtowel kick, I haven't had to buy bathtowels in several years, now.
Right now I am trying to kick the habit of getting addicted to something.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #22  
banned

My addictions are my stories (writer, here), singing (I love learning new songs and then singing/recording myself and listening back. I realize that sounds vain. lol). I also love buying books and exercise dvds. I also love buying cat toys and cat furniture. lol.

I would REALLY be obsessed with swimming if I was able to. I don't have a pool, or any way to swim, which stinks, because I've always felt swimming was one of the greatest things ever. It would be the perfect exercise for me, because when my parents had one of those small, inflatable pools (around 3 ft by 6-7 ft) I was able to stay in there the whole day, every day, and not get tired. Someday I will have my own pool.

kaplods, Ferumbras: I have a passionate, addicted personality too, and will jump to different things and become obsessed with them until I find something new.

krampus, indiblue: I would love to do that. I have a wanderlust, but I also have a fear of being too far away from the familiar. I hope to grow out of that. I've only ever been out of my home state three times.

pointless2011: I enjoy shopping too, especially internet shopping.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 06-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #23  
I think I can...

Mine is nail polish! I can't not buy nail polish. I'm also into nail designs and buy stamping stuff and stickers and ok I admit eyeshadow too! Although I solved this buying the "manly 150 color palette." Such great colors!
But I get a lot of polish from the dollar store and it beats buying pizza!!
I'm personally happy to buy something other than junk food.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Spending money! I swear it literally burns a hole in me, that's why im in debt! lol
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

these are all so fun to read! Teresa66 OMG brown eyeshadow is my weakness! I buy so many of those !!!!
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
What do you do?
International democracy, development, and human rights work. Usually I work for organizations overseas, or US organizations with offices overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
krampus & indiblue; That's really cool though. I mean if you have money to do that,why shouldn't you?! I would LOVE to travel at least twice a year.
Haha as an NGO worker I don't really either, which is why I work overseas, or work for organizations where I have to travel overseas frequently. Then they pay for it Also my travel is almost exclusively in developing countries, so once the plane ticket is paid for you can usually live/travel super, super cheap.

Plus, my boyfriend and I seriously do not spend money on anything else- we don't buy lots of clothes, go out to eat, etc. We have total wanderlust and all our money goes to that
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I used to buy a TON of fenton glass pieces. I stuck to the animal ones though. I can't say that I have any real "addiction" now though. I do waste a lot of money, and have nothing to show for it lol
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote