Summer Make-Up Advice

• So I'm hoping some of you wonderful women can give me some advice on makeup wearing during the summer. I'm not by nature much of a makeup user, but I'll be getting married in July and will be wearing some then. (See pics here and here)

I bought a hair spray for makeup (forget what they actually call it) from David's Bridal that's supposed to stop the makeup from sweating/running in the July heat (it's an outdoor wedding).

Does anyone have any other advice for how to make sure my makeup doesn't become a disaster? Thanks!
  • I really like using a powder-based foundation in the summer because it doesn't "melt" off like liquids and creams can in super hot weather. Also, definitely use a primer around your eyesto keep your eye makeup in place. Even waterproof stuff can run if it gets mixed with oils from your makeup. Using a primer on the rest of your face can keep makeup from sinking into your pores. And if you have trouble with melty lipstick, try a lip stain-- it'll last all day, through kisses and everything. :P
  • bare escentuals.... it's all powdered minerals and looks really natural... won't melt in the heat!
  • and it is super easy to put on... since you said you don't normally wear makeup..
  • I am using mineral-based, powder makeup and lip stain, yes. Good to know I (that is the beautician I worked with) am on the right track!
  • 3 words....Smoky Mountain Minerals! I have been using them for over 5 years now and wouldn't ever consider using anything else.
    Unlike Bare Escentuals, Smoky Mtn Minerals contain no bismuth oxycholoride, which can cause itching, irritation, redness and shineyness. Smoky Mtn Minerals contain a natural sunscreen and the look is flawless, natural looking skin. You don't look or feel "made up". Their Soft Pink blush is without a doubt the prettiest shade I've ever worn.
    I also recommend using a primer for your face as well as your eye shadow.
    http://www.smmbeauty.com/

• Quote: bare escentuals.... it's all powdered minerals and looks really natural... won't melt in the heat!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this makeup!! If you have a shop nearby, see if you can make an appointment to get your makeup done by them. It stays on all day and looks amazing!
  • Thank you for all the suggestions!

I'll keep those brands in mind, but I've already bought my makeup (Aveda) and am not planning on buying more at the moment.
  • Quote: 3 words....Smoky Mountain Minerals! I have been using them for over 5 years now and wouldn't ever consider using anything else.
    Unlike Bare Escentuals, Smoky Mtn Minerals contain no bismuth oxycholoride, which can cause itching, irritation, redness and shineyness. Smoky Mtn Minerals contain a natural sunscreen and the look is flawless, natural looking skin. You don't look or feel "made up". Their Soft Pink blush is without a doubt the prettiest shade I've ever worn.

I've never had an issue with itching, but never heard of Smoky Mountain Minerals...are they pricey or about the same as Bare Minerals?
    Never mind..I Googled them and YOWZA!!! You can get a bunch of makeup for $20!! Gonna order from them and try it out. It costs over $25 just for my foundation!!
  • Quote: 3 words....Smoky Mountain Minerals! I have been using them for over 5 years now and wouldn't ever consider using anything else.

thanks so much for the link, ive always loved bare escentuals but could never buy them due to cost, this looks like something i could budget for as a mini goal or something
  • My summer make up is simple:
    Cocoa butter lipgloss in a faint coral color and a faint brush of brown on my eyelids. I have very good skin so I don't do the other stuff.
    This make up is great for everything as you can wipe it off in an instance to jump into the water.
    Don't use dark blush if you are in to such things. Best is very light or coral and even best is just to be active and let those cheeks bloom alone.