3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Bridesmaid dresses (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/234454-bridesmaid-dresses.html)

RachaelJ 05-31-2011 09:34 AM

Bridesmaid dresses

So i'm in a wedding in 25 days. The bridesmaid dress color, I'm not a fan but the shape and type of dress is nice. I'm so not looking forward to wearing it.

bargoo 05-31-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachaelJ (Post 3871314)
So i'm in a wedding in 25 days. The bridesmaid dress color, I'm not a fan but the shape and type of dress is nice. I'm so not looking forward to wearing it.

Is there a question here ? Sounds like you just don't like the color. You only have to wear it once !

98DaysOfSummer 05-31-2011 10:42 AM

I understand. I don't think I've ever been excited to wear a bridesmaid's dress. I don't think anyone ever has.

RachaelJ 05-31-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 3871350)
Is there a question here ? Sounds like you just don't like the color. You only have to wear it once !

No question, just venting. You're right I only have to wear it once.

Lovely 05-31-2011 02:57 PM

Every wedding I've ever been in the bride has exclaimed "And I picked a good dress so everyone can wear it again for a different function some other time!"

...I don't know what those brides consider wearable or how many "functions" they think I go to... but there was only ONE dress I ever re-wore and that was the one my sister picked out for her wedding and it only cost 50 bucks. And I only wore it, cause I went to prom.

All those other "totally wearable again" dresses that cost me $400+. HAH! I tossed them to the consignment shop. Hideous, poorly cut, ugly colors.

When I got married (I had a very small wedding) the only person who had to wear a dressy-dress was my sister-in-law. My only requirement? Blue. She picked out her own blue dress that was absolutely lovely and she told me she was thrilled she didn't have to spend money and really has worn that dress again.

Weddings have gotten out of control that way. Used to be about the marriage taking place... now it's all about how much money you can force everyone to spend on it.

TurboMammoth 05-31-2011 04:50 PM

I also have a problem with a bridemaids dress, but of totally opposite matter LOL!

I ALMOST had to were a bridemaids dress once (wedding was finally cancelled in a horrible drama).

My dress was GORGEOUS but because I gained weight, I can't wear it again :( But one day, I'll be able to wear it again!

Aclai4067 05-31-2011 04:59 PM

I'm picking up my dress from alterations today. I think it's cute, although originally HUGE in the boobs! I'm struggling more with the wearing the same dress next to 4 others girls who look a lot better in it. Well, one of them is too skinny, but the other 3 have pretty rockin bodies.

Here' the dress: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6609/ The color is Taupe.

19 days until my sister's wedding!

bargoo 05-31-2011 05:56 PM

I like the dress, even in Taupe.

mhill0823 05-31-2011 06:01 PM

I was in a wedding 2 weekends ago and surprisingly I LOVED the dress that I wore! Sad part is, It's nothing I could wear again! It just isn't casual enough!
As for the other weddings I've been in, I have a special place for those horrid dresses!!

Ferumbras 05-31-2011 06:32 PM

I suppose things are easier for me, as the bride, as I only have one person's dress to worry about (only have a maid of honor). I told her to pick a color that works for her (from a range that works with the theme of the wedding and my dress) and get it in whatever style is good for her body. Don't understand brides who have to micromanage every part of the wedding. She loves her dress and looks great in it, and she chose a style that she'll want to wear again. Problem solved.

Nienna 06-01-2011 10:25 AM

Rachael, I definitely feel your pain! When my cousin and his ex-girlfriend were planning on getting married, I went dress-shopping with her. I absolutely love her, but her pick for the bridesmaids' dresses was horrendous and didn't look good on ANY of us! I really appreciate when brides think about their family and friends and make considerate choices for their weddings. I'm in two weddings in the next few months, and both of the brides have been amazingly laid-back. And the dresses aren't bad, either!

CrystalZ10 06-01-2011 04:15 PM

When I got married, the bridal party wore whatever looked dressy enough for a wedding. Different colors and styles, but everyone was happy with their choices and it was a fun relaxed party. :)

I love the dress, but didn't see taupe in the choices. That does look like a nice dinner party dress for another occasion. Nice sister!

Gale02 06-02-2011 05:52 PM

Taupe is fourth row down, second from the right.

I think it's a beautiful dress and a style that would be extremely flattering on any number of body types.

ryeb 06-02-2011 10:29 PM

I had to wear a dress that showed so much cleavage that I was mortified. Like it was my boobies on display =/ It was David's Bridal Apple red, so the only way I could ever wear it again is if I went to a Christmas formal and put a modesty thing to cover the girls up. It was bad :( My hair looked nice though lol