General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When I moved to my present apt they said no pets, BUT said if I could get a note from my doctor it would be OK. I got a letter from my doctor and paid a $200 deposut for him and everybody is happy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #17  
ugggg.....

my daughter kept my son's beloved cat when he moved across the country...he moved back and still has Hobbs...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

I'd take the bad neighborhood that allows pets hands down. You can always start looking for a better place immediately. Also, my apartment was no pets when I moved in, lived here 10 years now and just added cat #3.
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP916 View Post
I could never move someplace that didn't allow my pets to come with me. I just couldn't. I'd take the apt that allows pets for now and continue looking for something better.

And I'd sell blood if I had to so I could transport them. They're my babies.
Yes, this for me. My ferrets are my life, my babies, my sweet little guys. If they can't come, I don't go. I have been poor in the past, but I have sold my blood to get them vetting and food before. If I had to absolutely starve so they could eat, I would. Am I crazy? Quite possibly, but that's how I am. My parents said that I could come stay with them in AZ while hubby is in basic training, and they are helping me set the ferrets up for when we get there. They know we're a package deal. It will be seriously hard transporting them, but we will somehow!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #20  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
If you can't afford the $125, you have to make sure you can afford to move at all. There always seem to be unforseen expenses in a move, and if the difference between making it and breaking it is $125, a move right now might not be feasible.
I'm so glad someone else said this, 'cause I've been thinking it the entire time! If $125 is the make it or break it point for you, how the heck do you afford rent, utilities, food, and transportation for yourself, let alone food and vet costs for your pet?! My husband and I both work full time and make a decent income, and sometimes we struggle to cover the vet costs for two cats (one adopted from a friend, one from a rescue shelter) and one dog (a retired racing greyhound, adopted from a rescue organization). I've spent more on one dental care treatment for my cats than I have for myself in the last ten years!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #21  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

You are not alone trust me. I had two amazing cats which I love and loved me to. When I moved back home for a short time I had to give them to my grandma because my mom's cat is a psycho. So I left them behind and I cried for a few months because I felt like I abandoned them (even though they are in my grandparents care and are taking amazing care of them!). When I moved back out west I couldn't take the cats away from them so they still have them, and when ever I go visit my grandma or I talk to her on msn through web chat the cats ear's perk up and they stand there and listen while I talk.

You cat will not forget about you and yes she may bond with someone else but when you go home and visit she'll remember you and love you just as much as she did when you were there full time. She might be a little miffed at you in the beginning but she'll get over it.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote