3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Keurig (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/233143-keurig.html)

bargoo 05-13-2011 01:25 PM

Keurig

I got a Keurig Coffee brewer for Mothers Day along with many different Kcups. I am experimenting with them to see which one I like best. Do any of you have a Keurig and what are your favorite kcups ?

SCraver 05-13-2011 02:18 PM

OMG! LOVE my keurig. We do the amazon.com Subsribe & Save. I think the Timothy brand coffees are our favorites. Gloria Jeans has some good flavors.

I just recently tried Green Mt.'s Mocha Nut Fudge... MMMmmmm...

SCraver 05-13-2011 02:18 PM

Oh! AND if you are looking for a refillable cartridge - the solofill works really well *(I hear the keurig brand one leaks a lot)

Amberelise 05-13-2011 02:21 PM

I ADORE mine. I've owned a Keurig for four or five years now. I've purchased four now. One for work, one for home, one for my boyfriend and one for my sister.

I like the flavored coffees, that way I can drink them black.

My favorite is Jamaican Me Crazy. I also like raspberry chocolate truffle, Emeril's Vanilla Bean, Caramel Vanilla Nut, Sugar Maple French Toast and a few others from time to time depending on my mood.

I order through Keurig. I haven't bought a single coffee maker for full price since my first one. For a while you could get them free once you collected enough points, but now you get them half off. I never pay for shipping by ordering enough and they are always cheaper than at stores this way.

alinnell 05-13-2011 02:32 PM

I get most of my refills at Bed Bath & Beyond using the 10% off coupon per box. You know the coupons never expire and I always have a dozen or so in my car's glove box. Anyway, my favorite is Green Mountain Nantucket blend.

aphil 05-16-2011 06:32 AM

I am also a big fan of the Jamaica Me Crazy! It is nice and smooth, with just a hint of coconut. Mmmmm...

I like the chocolate donut flavor as well, and the Nantucket Blend.

LaceyCen 05-16-2011 11:26 AM

I don't drink coffee, but if you need a quick cup of tea, Celestial Seasonings Decaf Green Tea is a favorite of mine.

Not that it can compare to slow-steeping a cup of Earl Grey.

theCandEs 05-16-2011 11:27 AM

Ah, well, I like the breakfast blend, Nantucket, and Black Magic (if you add extra water to the cup. It's kinda strong to me).

A word of advice: don't run the cups through twice. I made that mistake and it tasted burnt.

I don't like my coffee really strong, but I have gotten used to the Keurig, and now coffee in restaurants is not always that good to me. LOL I'm so spoiled now!

P.S. I guess I will have to try the Jamaica Me Crazy! since everyone seems to like it.

mj5 05-16-2011 11:33 AM

LOVE my Keurig! Right now I am loving Timothy's (both reg and decaf), Donut Shop, Caribou, Breakfast Blend...I like to have a variety! My husband likes his MUCH stronger, so he goes for Kenya or some others that I can't seem to remember right now.

We order from BJ's.com. There is also a local coffee shop that sells them individually, which is nice for trying a flavor before you buy a whole box.

mj5 05-16-2011 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=theCandEs;3851982]I have gotten used to the Keurig, and now coffee in restaurants is not always that good to me. LOL I'm so spoiled now!QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean!!!! When people do a coffee run at work...I usually decline because it just isn't as good!! I may have to get one for work, but then I'm afraid I'd drink way too much!

VermontMom 05-16-2011 08:37 PM

I think my husband regrets the day he ordered one! because I love it so much.

I have a LARGE coffee cup (soup bowl??) and first I warm it with hot water; then pick out 2 flavors (I also like Nantucket, Donut Shop, and anything dark) and run 2 k-cups into my big coffee cup! room for a little bit of 2% milk, and one Splenda, and it's sooo good!

We live 20 miles from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, and have friends whose son works there...GMCR used to give their employees a certain amount of free k-kups until someone spoiled for everyone by selling them on CL.

ELBS717 05-16-2011 09:18 PM

I love Green Mountain Coffees - you HAVE to try "French Toast" in the Christmas/winter season. My absolute favorite, but it's only seasonal! If you don't like sweet coffee you wouldn't like it.