Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition: Will you watch?

• The new show starts 5-30-11 on ABC and will cover a one year period in the lives of the 8 participants. Each person will have their own episode.

The previews say it's about transforming the minds and the bodies of the participants.

I'm thinking it will be like Heavy but covering a longer period of time.

I hope they show more of the nutrition side than Heavy did.
  • I hadn't heard about this before now. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
  • I am very excited about it! In my own journey, I have become very interested in getting into the fitness proffesion. I want to help people realistically and indivdually reach their goals. Coming from my own struggles with medical conditions and medications, and just plan fat genes, I want to be able to say, "I've been there".

Anyway, my point was, I LOVE THIS STUFF! I cant wait for the show!
  • Yes! I am going to watch this. I hope it is good and not just sob stories.
  • Here's a link that explains the show and shows the participants.
    Looks interesting...

http://abc.go.com/shows/extreme-make...about-the-show
  • Sounds cool. So these people featured on the episodes started their journeys roughly April/May of 2010? Is there plastic surgery involved?
  • I'm planning on checking it out.
  • Quote: Sounds cool. So these people featured on the episodes started their journeys roughly April/May of 2010? Is there plastic surgery involved?
    I don't think they are doing plastic surgery this time..Not like the origional show..I will check it out too.
  • I will tune in to the first show and go from there.

The trainer Chris has a degree in exercise. I hope he brings in experts on the food and nutrition aspect which is extremely important to weight loss. It is what is lacking in most of these 'weight loss' shows. I guess its hard to find drama in lean protein and whole foods.
  • I will watch if I can remember it's on...this is the first I have heard about it. Sounds like something that would motivate and inspire me to get back on track.
  • I actually saw a preview on it and I get that chanel so yay I think I will be watching it. I just need to figure out which day it's on.
  • You know, I think I've seen this trainer before. The guy that he "transformed" had some sort of special a while back. I think that he had moved in with Chris and they are really good friends. The guy was a virgin, never dated anyone...does this sound familiar, or do I have it mixed up?
  • I've seen the advertisement for this and yes, I'm definitely tuning in. Watching these shows just reminds me this can be done.
  • Quote: You know, I think I've seen this trainer before. The guy that he "transformed" had some sort of special a while back. I think that he had moved in with Chris and they are really good friends. The guy was a virgin, never dated anyone...does this sound familiar, or do I have it mixed up?

Yes, this is the guy who helped the "650 lb Virgin." I thought that was such a tacky/dumb name for a tv show.