Did anyone watch "The Kennedys" in April?

• We watched it and thought Greg Kinner did a nice job of portraying JFK. Barry Pepper was convincing as Bobby. Our favorite was Katie Holmes. I think she did the best portrayal of Jackie. boobalah originally set it up to record for me and was immediately drawn into the show.

I think it is being repeated. This is the one that History Channel didn't show in January.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...es-complaints/

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie/284609/the-kennedys/
  • I wish but I didn't have A&E to watch the show! I have to say I like Katie Holmes.
  • i didn't get the channel that it was aired on. Wish I did, because im really into history and I would've loved to see it.
  • I loved watching Greg and Katie (and Barry). There were moments when I thought I was seeing and hearing the real deal.

Nothing new in the basic story line but the side story of Joe and Rose was very eye opening for me. I didn't know that much about them.

Since Edward is gone, I wished they had address Chappaquiddick, too.

Overall, I thought it was a good docu-drama but I can see why the History Channel pulled out. There was too much personal stuff that was not based on fact and not enough of the behind the scenes groundwork for the political/historical events.

It was a guity pleasure to watch!
  • Quote: I loved watching Greg and Katie (and Barry). There were moments when I thought I was seeing and hearing the real deal.

Nothing new in the basic story line but the side story of Joe and Rose was very eye opening for me. I didn't know that much about them.

Since Edward is gone, I wished they had address Chappaquiddick, too.

Overall, I thought it was a good docu-drama but I can see why the History Channel pulled out. There was too much personal stuff that was not based on fact and not enough of the behind the scenes groundwork for the political/historical events.

It was a guity pleasure to watch!
    I so totally agree with you. It was a guilty pleasure.
  • I enjoyed watching it and I learned a lot about the Kennedys, which I hadn't known before. Most of the casting was excellent, especially JFK, Bobby and Jackie. However, I think a couple of the actors were miscast - the girl playing Marilyn was nothing like her and 'Frank Sinatra' looked more like Jack Lemmon!

As a Brit who has never heard Jackie speak, I would like to ask whether Katie Holmes actually sounded like her?
  • Quote: As a Brit who has never heard Jackie speak, I would like to ask whether Katie Holmes actually sounded like her?
    In all honesty, Katie's diction was a bit lacking. From the few times I'd ever heard Jackie, she did have a bit stronger Boston accent.

Perhaps someone can find a recording of her voice.