General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default I love my electronics, but I HATE the damn cords!

Ugh! I am on an organizing spree in my bedroom, and I just realized that, as handy as my power bar is, it's...not doing much to help me with the amount of plugs I have going on under my desk:

-- modem
-- cordless phone
-- HDMI media player
-- satellite receiver
-- TV
-- DVD player
-- laptop
-- iPod dock
-- 2 external hard drives

There are just not enough outlets on the power bar to hold all the plugs, and I have absolutely no idea what to do about it. o_O This room is lacking in outlets as it is. Gah! Sometimes I hate being such an electronics junkie.

Can anyone else share my pain? *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I fully share your pain!! I just wish I had solutions, too.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

My husband would be laughing at this....he would see that I am not the only one this bothers.
I hate walking into a room and seeing nothing but cords. I am always telling him to fix his cords. He laughs.
I have been known to crawl around on the floor for an hour with twisties and tape...hanging cords in my wake. (and I am too darn old to crawl around the floor)
As for not having enough outlets, I am not any help there. I have power strips and one plug in outlet that takes your 2 outlet plate and makes it a 6 outlet plate. We have tons of outlets, they are just not always where I want them.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

My hubby has plans to drill two holes in our wall beneath our tv. He will put the cords into the top hole, and pull them all out at the bottom hole, and plug everything in. Than we will put an entertainment unit in front and ta da!! No more cords and wires!
its a nice theroy, but we haven't had time to do it yet. lol
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote