General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Exclamation Staying away from home.

I'm excited, because I miss my friends, but the LAST time I was there I gained 7lb and I do NOT want a repeat of that. I'm gonna pack and take my adderall to be super sure, gonna pick up 2 of those big big smart water bottles (they have chloriney tasting water I can't stand), pack my Wrigley's Desert gum, and a pen and notebook to try and manually track my calories as good as I can.

The problem? They're young like me, and don't understand the concept of shopping "for a while." Meaning we eat on an hour to hour basis. They want to go out at least once every other day. Last time I gave in- I hadn't been out in forever and had this delicious burger- never again. If I can, I'd like to bring a bag of food to eat- some popcorn maybe for the evenings. Thing is, we're not exactly bursting with foods over here. Maybe I could bring a baggy full of eggs for breakfast, or something. Will that seem weird?

Anyone have any advice on how to stay on track this week? I can exercise after they've gone to bed. I'd go outside and walk, but they live in an apt complex and it's pretty busy- I don't know the people and I'm just not too comfortable about it.

I'm going to be broke this time, so no buying candy for me. That was part of the reason I gained 7lb. Not again. Not again!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you staying with your friends? Offer to cook to thank them for their hospitality and go to the store and pick up some foods and cook for them- I am sure they'll appreciate it and it'll help keep you on plan.

That being said it's possible to eat out daily and still maintain. Don't go for a burger, go for healthier options
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

If you have your own room, do some jogging in place or sit ups, or whatever else you can do indoors. Offering to cook for them is a good idea as well. If you are broke though, you shouldn't get into too much trouble.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  

I'm staying in the living room, so I won't be able to exercise until midnight probably. Maybe even 3AM. But if I get up super early I should be able to get some exercise in before my friends boyfriend wakes up. The cooking thing is a fantastic idea- I just wish I knew how to cook. I think it would be easier to make something here and bring it with me, something big enough for everyone. It's only 3 of us, so it should be okay.

The "being broke" thing is kind of a blessing in disguise, but at the same time it's not. lol.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

What are you eating now to lose weight? You must be cooking something unless you are eating all your meals out or premade?

You said something about eggs how about cooking everyone breakfast so at least that meal is taken care of daily? Anyone can cook breakfast

Work out at 3 am? I'd rather sleep! lol.

Last edited by beerab; 04-28-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #6  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if its an option where you're going but when I went to visit in Vancouver I looked up farmers markets ahead of time, thought up some recipes i'd like to try and made that one of the things I wanted to do.
I 'visited' the fresh markets and decided to try some recipes I had wanted to for a while, got some me focused foods for the house with the explanation that "If I do it now, that means I'm not wasting time everyday I could be doing other things with"

Maybe something like that could work out.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
What are you eating now to lose weight? You must be cooking something unless you are eating all your meals out or premade?

You said something about eggs how about cooking everyone breakfast so at least that meal is taken care of daily? Anyone can cook breakfast

Work out at 3 am? I'd rather sleep! lol.
I can only cook basic things. Chicken, make spaghetti noodles, make a salad lol. My mom cooks dinner, and I eat whatever she makes. Generally, though, I tend to eat "0 to 3 step" foods. Cheeses, yogurts, leftover dinner for breakfast etc. I can do breakfast, though, you're right; and I'll be up the earliest I suspect, so maybe I can do that.

Last time they made pancakes-big mistake. I felt bad but I only ate a few bites.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

Girl time to learn how to cook- seriously it's not hard. I didn't learn to cook until I hit college (and was on my own) and my first cookbook was a campbells 5 ingrediant cookbook!

Now I LOVE cooking

Honestly if someone is cooking for me if they just made chicken and a salad I'd appreciate it because 1 it didn't cost me and 2 I didn't have to make it!

Heck I bet your friends would appreciate spaghetti with a salad for a meal. If you can boil noodles and heat up pasta sauce then you are done!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #9  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I heard it said once that if you can read you can cook... it's definitely true! Anyone can follow a recipe, it's super easy.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote