Exercise...UGH

• I know that in order to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle I need to exercise on a regular basis. I have committed to exercising three to four times a week but sometimes it is sooo hard to do.
    For some reason, this week, I have had to force myself to get my butt in gear and get it done. Due to work I can olny exercise three nights this week but for the past two nights, I have had to seriously push, push, push myself to get it done.
    Its not that I hate doing it. I have an elipitical and a weight machine in my basement that I use and I have gone frome 8 minutes to 27 minutes on the elipitical, increasing the resistance, so I know that is improvement but UGH the last couple of nights have been rough.
    Thanks for listening to my whine.
  • You are doing a great job. Sometimes exercise is a forced thing, but you'll be glad that you did it.
  • Sometimes if you're body is physically exhausted it becomes hard to keep on track with excersis. Just concentrait on diet (plenty of people lose all their weight just on diet alone) until you are no longer exhausted and can actually do the physical work. Maybe instead of trying for 4 days a week, try 2? I know how you feel though I haven't worked out in 2 months now! Yesterday I did a video for 20 minutes and I was forcing myself just on that and even that was too much work, so I went for a nap afterwards haha.
  • Build up, 4 is great but if you are really that exhausted I say rest! Some weeks I do great and get 4 workouts in, some weeks I only get 1 in, I just make an effort to exercise when I can.
  • Make something motivate you like invite a friend over to work out with you or watch your favorite show only during work outs.

I agree with considering taking a rest, too. Every 6-8 weeks, you should take a week off and let your body recover entirely.
  • I never exercised except walking and bike riding when the weather permitted. Then a friend posted this:
    Join me!!! One circuit of five pushups, 10 crunches, and 15 squats every hour for an eight hour workday equates to 40 pushups, 80 crunches, and 120 squats and should take less than a minute every hour. Incorporate circuits into your workday and watch the fat melt off your frame, and your core become strong.

I started doing this, then changed up some of the exercises to suit myself since I can't do crunches. I admit I don't do it every hour, but manage 2 or 3 times a day...hey, it is more than I was doing. Now I even use weights.

It is a start and I have lost 7 pounds since starting it.
  • Good for you for slogging through it. Just be sure you differentiate between sluggishness and exhaustion or injury. Sometimes you need to power through, but pay attention to your body. If you're feeling too weak, you might be more prone to injury. You don't need to stop altogether, but maybe take it easy when you feel like you need it.
  • For me, it was absolutely essential to find an activity that I enjoy. That has been Zumba. It was scary at first. I thought it would be a glorified high school gym class, but it's quite the opposite. It's a dance party. It's not a workout. And it's girl power. There's women of all ages, sizes, shapes, athletic ability...all there for the same purpose...to get in shape and have fun. And it is exactly that...fun. I do Zumba at least four times a week and mix this up with an occassional boot camp/step/circuit class. I got tired of just walked on a treadmill or running on an elliptical. I'll do that once in a while, but I'd much rather do a group activity and I love being a part of the gym. It might seem a little intimidating at first, but give it a try. It can't hurt. I never would have thought that I would love it as much as I do or that I would be saying this: I will be taking my certification this year to become an instructor! YAY!