General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Little victory for me!

There's a donut shop in town that is TO DIE FOR. I've been lusting after their blueberry cake donuts for weeks, but haven't had one.

I will at some point. Just not right now. I've been having problems with snacking I'm trying to control, and it just wouldn't be helpful at all if I indulged right now. Besides - indulgences are for weekend desserts when I do well.

Anyway, a co-worker's husband brought in a box of freshly baked blueberry cake donuts. He offered everyone else one, and they took it. Then he offered me one, and I politely declined, thanking him anyway for the offer.

His wife said "She doesn't eat sugar," which nearly set me off. They all assume that I don't eat anything, and I do. I hate being judged as far as my food choices are concerned.

But that didn't get me. After they left, my superior said, "You could have taken one to be nice. I took one, took a bite in front of him and threw it away when he left."

To which I very sweetly responded, "I spent most of my life taking and eating food I didn't want when it was offered. It's not something I choose to do now."
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Good for you.

It's highly inappropriate for a supervisor to say such things. And I understand that in many cultures food=love but this isn't Grandma slaving over a stove all day to make you a special meal. This is someone's husband bringing in donuts you can get any day of the week down the street. You don't owe him or your supervisor anything. Saying "I appreciate the offer but no thank you" should be more than sufficient.

I'm an admitted b!tch, so I probably would have said "You could have not mentioned anything about my food choices to be nice but that doesn't always work out huh?" then promtly gotten fired.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #3  

I made plenty of comments in my head and under my breath. Those make me feel better.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #4  

I always took what was offered and said I would eat it later.
Then I gave it to my least favorite co-worker later. I lost while she gained.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
I always took what was offered and said I would eat it later.
Then I gave it to my least favorite co-worker later. I lost while she gained.
I like it!