General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/150/140

Height: 5'6

Default do you have crushes on younger boys?

due to a rather traumatic event in my past, i've always felt instinctively that i'm thirteen instead of my current age, resulting in a tendency to think of men my age as "too old for me" and to be attracted to teenage boys. although i would quickly realize that they're underage and i have no intention of dating anyone anyway, i worry that i may be fifty someday and still be attracted to teenage boys, which would make me just plain creepy.

but this isn't about me. do YOU have crushes on younger boys (though not necessarily teenagers)?
plasticfoodwrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

No, I never have.
When I was younger I developed the opinion that my guy should be older in the relationship than me, I would always play with Barbies and see how young she looked versus that old-looking Ken. Also, that's just the way I prefer it.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I teach high school, and I must say the idea of being remotely attracted to a teen boy gives me the heebie jeebies in a major, major way!!!

My husband is three years younger than I; however, he is 40 and I'm 43.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5''

I have a crush on Edward Cullen (from the 1st Twilight movie only) and I'm a woman in my early 30s. The actor is in his early to mid 20s though...so perhaps that doesn't count.

I had a "tramatic event" in my past too, which I believe leads me to only wanting to date and eventually marry a man who is NOT of my ethnicity (since my childhood molester was of my ethnicity).

I don't have a desire to crush on teenage boys. I never found Justin Beiber attractive. I DO find some younger guys (i.e. those in their 20s) attractive.

Last edited by FreeBird3; 03-07-2011 at 08:36 AM.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I don't care or worry about it. To me mere "attraction" doesn't automatically mean "take action." Crushes from afar are just for fun. I'm married, but I still like admiring men, women, any age, any ethnicity. Enjoying other people and human beauty doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it. DH and I sometimes do it together even. We did it even when we were dating. He's long grown used to me crushing on whoever periodically and it fading and being replaced by some other crush.

For actual dating, when I was young I preferred my own age or a year or so up or down. In High School or early college that seemed more manageable to me to date people in my own grade or one up or down. I didn't want too large a maturity or experience gap when I was still learning the dating ropes.

I'm married now but if I were back in the dating pool for some reason I'd be more open to a larger age gap. Maybe 5 years younger and up to 10 years up.

But probably 15 years gap at the most. I just couldn't bear 20. That starts to get too close to old enough to be my own parent or my own kid. I'd also worry about too big a gap in age translating to too big a gap in interests. But who knows. If I were 80, I might very well have to open the "crushing" age gap wider since there's not a lot of 100 yr olds but there's many more 50 & 60's! LOL.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-07-2011 at 09:01 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm 23 and for some reason I find men in their late teens (16-19) and 30s attractive. Don't know what it is about men in their 20s i unattractive but they just don't seem appealing to me. 13 would be a little too young for my tastes because they still look like kids at that age and it seems a little pedophiley.

Last edited by niafabo; 03-07-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: grammar
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #7  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

For me, i'm strangely always attracted to older men. I'm 20 and I feel like guys my age are in a weird life phase and just immature. I always find myself attracted to men in their late 20's or early 30s
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

I've always preferred guys a little older. I think I matured quite quickly so from about 13 upwards I've never really cared for guys in my age bracket since they seemed too immature. As I get older I find the gap I think I'd be willing to go with gets bigger.

I'm 20 now, and one of my biggest 'crushes' in on Gabriel Byrne and Daniel Craig, so both considerably older than myself!

Admittedly I also like the guy who plays Jacob in Twilight too, but I have a feeling he is about my age anyways.

Overall I'd probably prefer a guy my age or older, but it's not a rule just about wanting maturity and sense of self which seems to come with age.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Personally, no. I've never found younger boys to be appealing. I'm 27 & sometime, men MY age seem like children. It's no physical attraction there at all. But more importantly, I couldn't expect a child to be on the same level as me; teenagers don't generally care about the things people in their late 20s & early 30s care about. It's just a part of growing up & developing that they have to go through.

I don't think there's anything "wrong" to be attracted to younger people, per se; but I think that any kind of traumatic event needs to be addressed so that it doesn't develop into something unhealthy.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Not at all sexual, but in an "aww, he's so cute" way I have a crush on Little Bowwow and Justin Bieber. My friends like to make fun of me for the Bieber thing, because we all have children who like him. I play it up a bit (with the omg omg talk) for comedic effect.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

My boyfriend is 3 years younger then me, I'll be 25 this year, and he will be 22.... I'm a cougar
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #12  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Nope, not me. I've always been more attracted/desired to be with older guys. Some girls have rules like "he has to be taller than me." My rule is "he has to me older than me." My husband just turned 26, and I'm about to turn 23. I like our age difference, but even 10 years, possibly more, older than me wouldn't have been a turn off.

That said, I can absolutely recognize that people of ALL ages are attractive people. My 13 yo cousin is an attractive person. In no way am *I* attracted *to* him nor do I want to be with him (ew ew ew), but I can see that his featers and proportions are handsome/attractive/beautiful whatever you want to call it. And I can see that boys and girls and men and women of any age are attractive people. I don't want to be with them, I don't have sexual feelings for them, or anything of that nature, but I'm not blind. I can see that people are pretty/handsome/cute/beautiful/hot/attractive.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/150/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Not at all sexual, but in an "aww, he's so cute" way I have a crush on Little Bowwow and Justin Bieber.
i don't personally like those two, but i think i'm also drawn to teenage boys because they're more honest and less calculating when it comes to dating. i remember reading on some forum that teenagers never worried about texting someone they like too much (which is cute), whereas their older counterparts would wait a couple days before replying to a text, either to avoid appearing needy or to make him seem less available and therefore more desirable.

Last edited by plasticfoodwrap; 03-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
plasticfoodwrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticfoodwrap View Post
i don't personally like those two, but i think i'm also drawn to teenage boys because they're more honest and less calculating when it comes to dating. i remember reading on some forum that teenagers never worried about texting someone they like too much (which is cute), whereas their older counterparts would wait a couple days before replying to a text, either to avoid appearing needy or to make him seem less available and therefore more desirable.
I honestly don't delve that deep into it. It has nothing to do with the way they look or act. It's just that there is so much frenzy over their cuteness that I purposely bandwagon. Who doesn't like that baby, baby song, and that hair - hilarious.

If you were drawn to the point of seriously contemplating a teenage relationship, then I would say it's most definitely a problem.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm 37 years old. All my SO's have always been younger than me. Cougar? LOL

My office is next door to a high school. After work one day a co-worker and I were treated to the sight of two boys walking down the sidewalk, shirtless, with backpacks on. It's obvious they were school-aged, and their bodies were ripped! Smokin'! So I turned to her and she laughed and said "Is it wrong that I'm checking out schoolboys?" I was thinking the same thing.

And Jacob/Taylor Lautner? My dd has a poster of him in a white t-shirt that's wet, with his arms up behind his head.

Now, I would never act on those feelings, NEVER, but it's fun to see and appreciate a nice body or attractive face. The reality of dating someone that young (at my age) squicks me out.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote