General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Personal/embarrassing skin question

Okay, so all over my sides I have what looks like a combination of a hair and a blackhead. They stick out above the surface, and gentle tugs with fingers/tweezers will "pull" them out. It doesn't require any force or hurt at all. Once I pull them out they look like short strands of hair, but half of it is white and half of it (the part that shows) is black. Sometimes they are all white. Some of them are below the surface and I can't pull them out. I can squeeze some of them out kind of like a blackhead. I've tried exfoliating but it seems like the only thing that will get them out is to pull one by one with tweezers...honestly I don't have the time or the flexibility to do that. Oh, on my sides they seem to commonly appear in straight lines down my stretch marks.

Does anyone have ANY idea what this is? I've had them for a long time and they make me feel self conscious. I can't afford to go to a dermatologist.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not really sure what this is or what is causing it. However, you may try salicylic acid. I've heard it can help with bumps on skin. It probalby won't get rid of the hair, but maybe it will get rid of the acne and the ingrown part of the hair (the skin that is covering it).

http://acne.about.com/od/acnetreatme...icylicacid.htm

Maybe you'll get some other advice, but that's all that comes to mind.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

If it's not some kind of skin condition, it could always just be ingrown hairs causing blackheads? You could try gently exfoliating the skin next time you have a bath/shower with an exfoliator wash and a sponge just to see if there's any improvement.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

I have this exact same thing. I've had it since I was a teenager. I've never gotten it to go away completely, but using a body wash made for body acne helps a lot. I use neutrogenia, but there are several other brands to choose from.
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried dry skin brushing regularly? Or a salt scrub? Lush makes one called Ocean Potion or something like that. Those things seem to help with a lot of "congested pore" type problems.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

This stuff works pretty well.

http://www.princereigns.com/

If you have ingrowns and tweeze they may grow back ingrown. I think shaving (or I have heard waxing) works better. I don't know how much hair you are talking about, but I have had some laser hair removal and electrolysis and they both were expensive but helped. Getting them both together, since they can't laser blond or white hair, was the best.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvish Mistress View Post
I have this exact same thing. I've had it since I was a teenager. I've never gotten it to go away completely, but using a body wash made for body acne helps a lot. I use neutrogenia, but there are several other brands to choose from.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I ordered a sugar scrub from Ulta and used it yesterday. I don't really see an improvement yet, but hopefully it goes away or at least gets better. I'll try the acne wash if the sugar scrub doesn't do the trick.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You might try scrubbing with a Loofah also.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote