Calling anybody from Lancaster, PA or who knows that area

• Hello my 3FC friends. I just thought I would ask here since we have people from all over the world here, if anybody that is from Lancaster, PA or knows that area, could let me know if they know anything about the hospital there? My DH has received a very nice job offer there and would be commuting there from here (SW OH), but was just wondering if anybody can tell us anything about the hospital and area and what they think. We of course won't be making any decisions until he would get to fly out to see it and what not of course, but if anybody has any input here, it would be greatly appreciated! You can feel free to PM me if you would rather it not be public.

Thanks!
  • I love Lancaster - it's where my mom's from. I would definitely make the move rather than commute. It's a great place!

I don't really know much about the hospital except that of course both my grandparents had care there - both had bypass surgeries. We heard no complaints.
  • I have only visited but love the area!!
  • Born and raised in Lancaster County - great place to live! It's a good mix of peace and quiet and activities. There are 3 hospitals in Lancaster. Lancaster General is the largest, most popular and has the best reputation. I have been to the other two and they aren't bad. They are owned by a hospital management company in Naples, FL. My Dad just spent a week at Lancaster Regional and the only complaint was the food. It could also use some updating - at least compared to the General. Anything else you would like to know? I'm new to 3FC so I don't know how to PM yet.
  • Hi Ladies!!

Thanks for the info! Just basic general info like you all said was fine! Its for a Contract so we won't be moving there, at least not right away, but was just curious! So THANKS A BUNCH! KareBear79 -- You are more than welcome to join me and my friends in the Back To Kindergarten Thread. That link will take you to where our Thread is. It will be called Back to Kindergarten and we are currently on #93, but I have a feeling that they will be starting a new one soon, so that is why I just took you to the basic forum. When you get there, scroll down and you should see our thread!! Not sure if you can PM yet, I think you have to post so many times to do that, but to do it, you just Click on the person's name and it will give you an option to PM (Private Message) them.

Hope that is not too much info!! lol. Everybody here are just wonderful!!!

Big